What did you do to your TJ today?

I drove my Jeep today ;). Okay, not the most unique post - but it was to get it to the shop 80 miles away by 7am. Regear, air lockers, onboard air, Sway-locs, alloy shafts, and assorted switches should be installed by tomorrow evening. If they have time, I also have a CurrectLynk, normal Pitman arm, and a Savvy Suspension in que. New hardtop should be shipping this week. It hopefully will be coming together soon. Started this project last November, it's been a long process.

Only slightly depressing, nothing happening at the shop will be visibly changing the Jeep - all for performance.
—-
Somebody might find this funny. With my current gears, OD is basically worthless. So I was doing 75 on the interstate. My sterio needs to be upgraded eventually, having to run with it cabled to my phone. Was passing an 18 wheeler and the sound changed. For a few seconds I figured it was either the 18 wheeler, or maybe the pickup that had just passed me - but it did not change back imediately. Apparently my cell phone cable had snagged the shifter. Was now doing 75mph in 2nd gear... Not quite redline, but getting pretty close. I panicked at first, figured I had blown a vacume hose or something - then noticed the shift lever had moved.

Where did you have that work done? North Texas?

Forgot to add, I ain't unemployed anymore. I now haul beer cans.
newjob001.jpg

Congratulations on the new job. Also can't believe how much your jeep looks like a CJ in this picture.

In that pic to me, it looks offset to the passenger side. Which is good because I am the counterweight on the driver's side.

I also did this 25yrs ago on my cj5. Built my own bracket then. Still used an old ac compressor. You still had to use a york oil bath style. If you use one that lubricates with the freon you'll burn it up. Even the old oil bath style needed attention as they don't have an oil ring so oil would get in the air system. This compressor has been modified with an oil ring and will put out 10cfm at 1000rpm.

I converted my ac into oba in my old xj.

I really don't know what they did with old fords. Never been a fan. 🤫

Yeah but, the truck 9” axles were plentiful back then in junkyards. Buddy and I shortened the long end to waggy length, stuffed in chrome molly axles and a Detroit. Spring over suspension and homemade ladder rack. Stuffed a shortened Dana 44 HP up front with waggy axles and Detroit. High clearance knuckles, ‘88 mustang 5.0l fuel injection, Atlas II. Badass YJ. Too old for that shit now, I just buy stuff!