What did you do to your TJ today?

I opened the door, picked out some small pebbles from the floor. Let out a big sigh. Cursed the fact that it will be sitting in the garage for another 3-4 months and outside its going to be 3 degrees F on Christmas.
Whaaa?! Take that girl out in the snow and have fun!

I finally decided on Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 33x12.5r15.

Cooper STT Pro M/T and Goodyear Wrangler M/T w Kevlar (what I have now in 31’s) we’re in the running, but the MThompsons won out. They have a reputation for being easy to balance and staying round and they’re made by Cooper

Last edited:
I finally decided on Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 33x12.5r15.

Cooper STT Pro M/T and BFGoodrich Wrangler M/T w Kevlar (what I have now in 31’s) we’re in the running, but the MThompsons won out. They have a reputation for being easy to balance and staying round and they’re made by Cooper
Being as you play in rocks a bit did you consider the MT/R?

Lovin' it, @Kiwi TJ! Good looking rig, for sure! Just a tip, though. Stop flipping the negatives. Your pics keep posting with the steering wheel on the wrong side! :D So, do you ever get hassled for not having side mirrors when running door-less? In my area, Officer Friendly can cite you for not having them (I know there are ways to have the mirrors, sans doors...)
haha....yeah I'm just messin with your mind by puttting the wheel on the 'Right side' lol... And as for mirrors as long as you have one mirror you sweet ... I am thinking of getting some though...those side mirrors do make things easier when changing lanes etc

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Had to relocate my amp to the lid as it was too close to the active sub just behind the seat. Works a lot better this way for wiring up and balancing now though.
FAD242B2-1507-4316-A22C-A7F34741E9BE.jpeg

Oops, edit my previous post, not BFGoodrich MT/R but Goodyear, that’s what I’m running now! W Kevlar. LOL! I’ve been pleased but one was a little hard to balance. I do like the confidence the Kevlar provides

Cooper's STT Pro's have their Armor Tek sidewall. Very tough tire. The 1st gen STT's didn't balance great either.

Reactions: JMT and ac_
Cooper's STT Pro's have their Armor Tek sidewall. Very tough tire. The 1st gen STT's didn't balance great either.
I might have to shift over to the cooper’s. For some reason I missed they have the Armor Tek. That would be dry beneficial.

Short review on my Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w Kevlar.

I’ve had them about 12,000 miles, previous OP probably put 6-10,000. So I’m probably around 20,000 miles into them. The tread is down to about 5/32. Dry road traction is great. Wet road traction is poor. I’ve slid a number of times on wet pavement. Mud is not something I like, but they perform well. Rock crawling is fantastic. Tread life is obviously not the greatest, but 20k is not horrible. Road noise is not bad at all. I had one flat from a screw. Sidewall’s with Kevlar held up perfect. The tires run a little small. I rotated every 5,000 miles as long as I had them. I had trouble getting one balanced, it took quite a bit of weight.

Reactions: bobthetj03 and ac_