What did you do to your TJ today?

Yes on eBay. They are not cheap anymore ($70ish). I use the OEM switch with the aftermarket rocker. I painted the back of the switch so the dash light didn't shine through the white and into the "on" light.

I swapped my lower panel for one with more switch locations today. The heated seat switches will get hooked up when my new PRP seats get here. I've got another switch for my spot lights coming to fill the top hole. I'll use an aftermarket rocker on the OEM switch there too. The lower areas are for future lockers (front & rear), air compressor, and power inverter.

View attachment 512287

Looks great! Are the seat heater rockers 1 step or 2 step switches?

Headlights randomly turned off on me last night while driving. I've noticed the switch was a little iffy so I have a new one coming. It was only $16, otherwise I was considering just wiring in a set of toggles.

Redhead steering box is great, but now I can feel how bad the ball joints are.

And I ordered a new brake booster. The only bad thing about having 3 TJ's is that you have to do every repair three times.

We tried but mee maw done came out da house hollering bout it smelt like a damn pole cat got into some bad meskin food. Told us we uh best clean this here shit up for pa paw gets home puts a whoopin on us till next Sunday.

Were you there??

The biggest burn about spilling all that gas is that the only reason we had to do it it was because the fuel level sender wasn't working. XJ Buddy had already "fixed it" once using a fishing bobber tied to the arm. I'm like "are you sure that bobber plastic is rated for fuel? I expect it is just going to dissolve." And sure enough that's exactly what happened. Apparently the top part of a fishing bobber is made from a different type of plastic, because It was still sitting in the bottom of the tank.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Did you replace the fan, too? Most likely the cause of your voltage divider (resistor pack) failure.

I didn’t. The fan was replaced sometime after I bought the Jeep in 2016. Maybe sometime in 2017 I’m guessing.

I pulled the motor and checked the wiring harness and plug that goes to it. Also pulled the HVAC control switch panel and checked them and the harness that I could see plus the connectors. Didn’t see any sign of being burnt or melted.

Polished and smoothed up the fenders and started on the paint

IMG_8002.jpeg

IMG_7991.jpeg

IMG_7992.jpeg

Were you there??

XJ Buddy had already "fixed it" once using a fishing bobber tied to the arm. I'm like "are you sure that bobber plastic is rated for fuel? I expect it is just going to dissolve." And sure enough that's exactly what happened. Apparently the top part of a fishing bobber is made from a different type of plastic, because It was still sitting in the bottom of the tank.

Melting plastic doesn't surprise me. I may be old as dirt but using a plastic bobber instead of a cork from the good old days does kinda surprise me.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 213201.png

Redneck ingenuity at it's finest right there. I probably would have tried a similar thing
Hopefully the second sentence applies to my post as much as the first sentence does.

Reactions: RINC
I wanted a really nice trailer plug set up- I don’t like to see a trailer wire just hanging out of the back of a vehicle-

I was in a big variety discount tool store Saturday and I ran across a flush mount flat 4 trailer plug-

So I got a bracket today and then I fixed it up to plug into my regular harness and mounted underneath the bumper-

051B26A3-1371-48FC-8892-EB4DC3D6ABD3.jpeg

Also Mark @Wranglerfix and I have been talking a good bit about the newest generation of PCM’s he has for these-

He sent me one for my 2005 LJR and I’m going to make a post specifically for it shortly and I’m going to be doing a promotional video soon.

I really think that we’re getting to the point that you don’t need to have PCM problems to justify purchasing a PCM and as a matter fact I’m starting to get the mindset that you need to go ahead and get the new PCM and enjoy the better shifting and power delivery and shelve your stock unit for a back up down the road-

My dream situation would be to sell a vehicle and put the stock PCM back in the vehicle and carry the new PCM over to the next rig but that may not be feasible- But it is that good.

Last edited:
Can you share where you aquired the dash vent with the ball, or maybe the 3D print file?
Here is the link.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1478980063/improved-vent-1-ball-mount-fits-1997

IT actually flows better air than the factory vent. I've asked the seller if he can make one without the ball for the passenger side. If not, I'll buy another for that side with a "right" ball and get a phone mount for the wife.

My phone does not move in the Bullet Point mount I attached to it. I've got a large phones (S24 Ultra) and it holds it firm.

Reactions: GaTechTJ