What did you do to your TJ today?

After reading this, if you were closer than the other side of the country, I'd grab a bottle of bourbon and head your way. Beer isn't strong enough for your day.

Word! Thanks for the commiseration at any rate. At least we have a second bathroom. If I had to go to a buddy's house to shower, that would just add insult to injury!

Replaced the conduit for the underhood lamp. The old stuff was rotten and crumbling. Andy

IMG-1672.jpg

Had a day of good and bad news…
Good news… Hi Jeep passed its six monthly inspection..👍
Bad news….. driving down the freeway at night in the rain and one of the freeway workers left a stack of cones in the middle of the road I hit it. The left hand side of the Jeep lifted off the ground but I managed to keep it in its lane… I think the only damage is to one of the fender flares… I will look at it more in the morning

IMG_5770.jpeg

I woke up this morning to my wife saying there was water coming out of the shower handle. Long story short, the cartridge shit the bed and water ran between the walls for about 20 minutes before I could get it shut off. Insurance called, plumber called, water mitigation service called. We have the leak stopped and water restored to the rest of the house, plumber ordered parts and is planning on being back by in a few days to get the master bath shower fixed right.

Spent the afternoon puttering on the Jeep. I bought a set of "form over function" motobilt rocker guards in the classified section a couple of weeks ago. Figured working on installing them would be a good way to decompress from the plumbing crap.
View attachment 519405
Drilling holes, installing nutserts, all is going great, I'm enjoying myself.
View attachment 519406
Not paying enough attention, I drilled through the driver side footwell and right into the wiring loom running inside the tub there.
View attachment 519407
Some days you can't win for losing. I spliced the 6 wires I cut with the drill bit, put up all my tools and popped open a beer.

This day can go fuck itself.🤣

Speaking of plumbing issues, next Monday I start dismantling my garage so the plumber can remove a 10' x 12' section of the slab and perform a pipe burst on my sewer line. 14' down to the city connection. What does this have to do with my tj? It has to sit outside for almost a month. And at a cost of $28,000.☹️

Speaking of plumbing issues, next Monday I start dismantling my garage so the plumber can remove a 10' x 12' section of the slab and perform a pipe burst on my sewer line. 14' down to the city connection. What does this have to do with my tj? It has to sit outside for almost a month. And at a cost of $28,000.☹️

Damnit! That sucks, man. I'm waiting on the mitigation service to come back today and start ripping my laundry room apart.😐

Someday soon I have to imagine there will be “smart” household water systems that can detect if there’s flow that doesn’t match faucet valve status and immediately shut off the main and notify the owner.
Similarly we had to replace our well water system when multiple components failed in sequence. A smart system could have stopped it and notified us at the first sign of failure. Maybe even warned us of degrading condition before failure, instead of no outward signs until catastrophe.

Reactions: 97TJNM
Someday soon I have to imagine there will be “smart” household water systems that can detect if there’s flow that doesn’t match faucet valve status and immediately shut off the main and notify the owner.
Similarly we had to replace our well water system when multiple components failed in sequence. A smart system could have stopped it and notified us at the first sign of failure. Maybe even warned us of degrading condition before failure, instead of no outward signs until catastrophe.

Ask and you shall receive.... Automatic water line shutoff

https://www.amazon.com/Moen-900-006-1-Inch-Smart-Shutoff/dp/B081HT5LD6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Installed the Jeep TSB recommend insulation on the #3 injector. Since it got warm outside, I've had an intermittent cylinder 3 miss fire after the Jeep is shut off and sits for about 10 minutes. The plugs and coil pack are new so I thought I'd try this before injectors.

20240417_132932.jpg

Last edited: