What did you do to your TJ today?

AFTER

View attachment 521990

And we have success! I took it back to the detailer and he spent about 20 minutes using some polishing compound and got out the stains from the washer fluid. He then waxed it, and it looks like this now. Got all the stains off the fenders and the hood. Looks fantastic now. I am very happy at this point.
Throw some Adam's Graphine ceramic coating on top of the wax and you probably will not have the same issue. The ceramic coating will also make it much easier to get the bug guts off.

Throw some Adam's Graphine ceramic coating on top of the wax and you probably will not have the same issue. The ceramic coating will also make it much easier to get the bug guts off.

The ceramic coating is absolutely amazing. I'm completely sold on it. I don't wax anymore. There's some controversy about putting ceramic on top of wax. I personally just use ceramic.

Reactions: mjonesjr84
I don't "wash" or wax mine anymore. I'm saving the planet like Joe told me to. :unsure:

1714165926081.png

Well , it sounds like he is a reasonable man who might value his employees . Good on you John !

Well when you are the only mechanic he kind of has to value me, not that I am that great, we just can't find a good PM tech that doesn't want dealership $$$

With me being salary I am making the company more money than if I was an hourly tech.

Last edited:
In December, Warn had a deal with a nice rebate on their EVO winches. I purchased one. The winch originally had a wireless remote, but that had been removed because of the recall. As compensation, Warn added another rebate. This was $100 credit at the Warn website. I had a little trouble getting the company administering the rebates to understand I was entering two different rebates with the same receipt. I received my second rebate, and Warn has added the wireless remote back as an option (pn# 109470), so I ordered it.

Finally had time time to install it this weekend. Now we have a wireless option.

20240427_093242.jpg20240427_095340.jpg