What did you do to your TJ today?

Fabricated a metal bracket for the backup camera and installed it on the center of spare tire behind one of the lug nuts. It was primed and painted flat black and the camera was installed with stainless steel screws. No more lop sided view from the camera.

20240429_133619.jpg

20240429_133656.jpg

20240429_133720.jpg

20240429_133754.jpg

20240429_133856.jpg

Fabricated a metal bracket for the backup camera and installed it on the center of spare tire behind one of the lug nuts. It was primed and painted flat black and the camera was installed with stainless steel screws. No more lop sided view from the camera.

View attachment 522966

View attachment 522967

View attachment 522969

View attachment 522970

View attachment 522971

Impressive, but can you get off the space with it installed? Been thinking designs for my upcoming camera so watching all designs.

If not, thoughts on how long it would take to remove, because maybe that is the right approach...

Impressive, but can you get off the space with it installed? Been thinking designs for my upcoming camera so watching all designs.

If not, thoughts on how long it would take to remove, because maybe that is the right approach...

All I have to do is take off the lug nut normally to remove the bracket. Then, push the camera through the center of the wheel as I remove the spare.

All I have to do is take off the lug nut normally to remove the bracket. Then, push the camera through the center of the wheel as I remove the spare.

On the back side the camera wire goes through the grommet where the third brake light wire comes out. On the inside of the door it exits near the hinge. The rest is standard wiring. Let me know if you want more pics from the back and inside.

Reactions: chudlet and Kiwi TJ
I zip tied my breather tube that I forgot to do when I replaced the fuel pump. Then I saw a small crusty hole in the back of the frame and immediately started to freak out with the thought of rust. :oops: I stuck a screwdriver it it and checked the other side of the frame. It was just my Eastwood internal frame coating that dried around a frame hole after removing the tape. RELIEF. 🥳