What did you do to your TJ today?

Got frustrated trying to find a windshield screen to fit my LJ so finally custom made my own.

Nice job!
Where did you source the reflective material and what sewing was required? Possibly just adding binding around the edge?

Nice job!
Where did you source the reflective material and what sewing was required? Possibly just adding binding around the edge?
Thanks, reflective stuff from Ace hardware and the edge binding from a local fabric shop. Made a cardboard template that fit the windshield with cutout for the mirror. Layed it on the foil and cut carefully with a razor knife. Pin and sew the edging and you got it, binding may not be required but I put an elastic strap at one end to hold it when I roll it up.

Got my new front axle in (2005) in my 98’...only took about 5 hours total. And a good buddie with a 750 lb cordless impact. New rear Dana 44 going in to replace the 35 next week..

83E71757-1220-497D-B7C2-4F3363A61268.jpeg

66830D8D-A3F2-475A-8AF8-6D4A1FCB070F.jpeg

What a great idea! You know the "rule". Pictures please.
Nothing to write home about, just some old bushings I cut in half to use as spacers for my d-rings
IMG_1096[1].JPG

IMG_1097[1].JPG

IMG_1099[1].JPG
IMG_1102[1].JPG

As you can see, these are fairly old, and show signs of age. Easily replaced, though. I cannot remember what these came off, just found them in my miscellaneous Jeep parts box and cut them in half. They work perfect with the Dirtworx d-ring bracket size.

New windshield appt set for Thursday for $215.

Paintless Dent Repair scheduled for Monday. Guy says he can get 90% of it for $175. He’s also going to work on some other spots. Suggested Zymol for removing scratches.

Not fun having to spend my money here, but it should be done.

On a better note my RoadPro CB holder is finally holding to the dash.

Reactions: b0xcar
New windshield appt set for Thursday for $215.

Paintless Dent Repair scheduled for Monday. Guy says he can get 90% of it for $175. He’s also going to work on some other spots. Suggested Zymol for removing scratches.

Not fun having to spend my money here, but it should be done.

On a better note my RoadPro CB holder is finally holding to the dash.
I never saw any pics. Where did you post these again?

Nothing to write home about, just some old bushings I cut in half to use as spacers for my d-rings
View attachment 38324
View attachment 38325
View attachment 38328 View attachment 38332
As you can see, these are fairly old, and show signs of age. Easily replaced, though. I cannot remember what these came off, just found them in my miscellaneous Jeep parts box and cut them in half. They work perfect with the Dirtworx d-ring bracket size.
Thanks for the pictures..... Great idea! I might just put my D rings back on now. :)

I fixed one of the most annoying little quirks on my TJ. I replaced the visor clips. Every time I hit a bump, the visors would pop of the clips and hand down. $20.00 from Morris4x4 including shipping and about 5 minutes.
Did this fix the problem? I’ve got the same thing happening?

Over the last two days, installed a sub in the rear seat. Got the idea from @JMT and his install. I have the fold and tumble seat and the sub fir without issue. I used a https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019Z3RFGY/?tag=wranglerorg-20 , it is low profile and had good ratings on Amazon.
I used a couple of steel flats bolted to the seat frame and the amp attached to them. I ran full length wiring so I could remove the seat as I do from time to time. I cut the factory seat cover as well as the Bestop cover so as not to cover the driver itself. All in all it was an easy install and as expected, made a significant improvement over the bass-less 5.25/6.5 speaker combo.
I also found that one of the cheapo Kenwood 5.25 fronts was blown so have some new Polks on the way.

IExPIQLpbl-7KiS8auGiEIKjCHgmf2q9eqaf5jCdnTCqvaDS34VgELWm4s9ikacyq9dbpOq15-AVZ_3xdg=w1133-h637-no.jpg

WAFKChgRM1YOc7w3Xl2wD2qrVh4tbEIN2GLIb1FuYx620OknU-DnO-Jwnzn3O5DHV_EqDPRm7NxFydwydU=w1133-h637-no.jpg

3MxSr25ZqfLn2tZ-gCU84AjcErg43vO6X27TL8TnJ68EJUGV2bfPdv3czpVkeaKO65UE4YXdc3kpYBaAp4=w1133-h637-no.jpg

Last edited:
Over the last two days, installed a sub in the rear seat. Got the idea from @JMT and his install. I have the fold and tumble seat and the sub fir without issue. I used a https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019Z3RFGY/?tag=wranglerorg-20 , it is low profile and had good ratings on Amazon.
I used a couple of steel flats bolted to the seat frame and the amp attached to them. I ran full length wiring so I could remove the seat as I do from time to time. I cut the factory seat cover as well as the Bestop cover so as not to cover the driver itself. All in all it was an easy install and as expected, made a significant improvement over the bass-less 5.25/6.5 speaker combo.
I also found that one of the cheapo Kenwood 5.25 fronts was blown so have some new Polks on the way.

View attachment 38489
View attachment 38490
View attachment 38491

Bet that made a huge difference. Kids will get a back massage now, lol!

View attachment 38489
View attachment 38490
View attachment 38491

Nice install. Super nice! Fantastic work and I'm sure it sounds great.

Bet that made a huge difference. Kids will get a back massage now, lol!
I think it's a butt massage. They're better anyway. :D

I haven't done anything to the jeep lately but seeing all the shackle posts recently I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I took mine off other than the one I hook my winch cable to. I did it during deer season a year or two ago, I had no idea how noisy they were until I got rid of them. I always thought it was my suspension making all the noise. Now the extra one rides in my recovery bag.

My partner was home the other day, so before she could find me a job, I thought i'd replace the valve cover gasket. My Jeep is the 2006 which had that stuid plastic wiring bridge at the back of the valve cover, which I removed last week. I didn't want to tackle that and the cover in one hit.
Anyway, it wasn't too bad, bit tight getting the cover off, but I got there. As my Jeep is right hand drive, we also have the heater hoses to deal with, as they go over the back of the cover. A broom handle sorte
engine bay.jpg
d them out though.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and TJ2

View attachment 38489
View attachment 38490
View attachment 38491
I soooooo need to get this done already. One day... one daaaay...

Reactions: Rob5589 and JMT