What did you do to your TJ today?

Put the top back on because it's headed to Adam's driveshaft in Vegas to get the NP231 fingured out and maybe rebuilt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
How can that be? Poly transfers more vibrations to the tub.
Yes, it does have some but not enough to make it miserable. They are minor. Just enough to feel that the motor is running. Heck, my stereo drowns out any noise from it.

Reactions: JMT
Today, I discovered the magic of Nyalox brushes and I finally got rid of all of the clay that baked on my exhaust. I found the (orange bristled) medium grit brushes to be the best for this job. After getting all of the clay off, I primered and painted my exhaust tubes black, but left the (Banks Monster) muffler with just the Satin VHT coating. I'll have to take some pics, but hot damn does it look cool!

I also found the time to repaint my fenders and side mirrors with more of the Rustoleum truck bed liner. I wound up paining them this tome while they were mounted, but it came out superb! o_O Something about that texture just looks cool..

7AB5C107-21CA-45B2-B983-84BC5E1C4EDC.jpeg

DSCN7253.JPG
DSCN7254.JPG
More, more. What tires? Pics or it didn't happen...

Had Hercules Dirt Digger tires on it when I bought it but the previous owner put a stick through the sidewall and those tires were discontinued so he replaced the ruined one with a BFG Mud Terrain. I'm a mechanic and do a lot of business with one of the tire shops here in town and he got the rep to warranty the other 3 tires. So I bought one new tire and they gave me the other 3 free with the warranty for tires I never bought. For $300 I got a $1200 dollar set of new tires. The Dirt Diggers were a little too aggressive for me, rumbled real bad when you came to a stop and followed every rut in the pavement. So went with the Hercules Terra Tracs. They have nice big squareish lugs and drive sooooooooooo much better down the road. Plus they are a 6 ply sidewall. The stiffer sidewall is night and day difference keeping the thing straight at higher speeds.
DSCN7253.JPG
DSCN7254.JPG

DSCN7256.JPG

View attachment 39718 View attachment 39719

Had Hercules Dirt Digger tires on it when I bought it but the previous owner put a stick through the sidewall and those tires were discontinued so he replaced the ruined one with a BFG Mud Terrain. I'm a mechanic and do a lot of business with one of the tire shops here in town and he got the rep to warranty the other 3 tires. So I bought one new tire and they gave me the other 3 free with the warranty for tires I never bought. For $300 I got a $1200 dollar set of new tires. The Dirt Diggers were a little too aggressive for me, rumbled real bad when you came to a stop and followed every rut in the pavement. So went with the Hercules Terra Tracs. They have nice big squareish lugs and drive sooooooooooo much better down the road. Plus they are a 6 ply sidewall. The stiffer sidewall is night and day difference keeping the thing straight at higher speeds.View attachment 39718 View attachment 39719
Damn! Talk about your great deals! Love those rims, by the way. What brand/model are they?

That is such a good looking Jeep ac. Really nice pic, even with all the stuff in the garage, and the nice yellow Yamaha ATV!
haha ya, maybe I should focus more on cleaning the garage, and not so much on the TJ. Thanks btw.
It is hard because I have so many projects, and when I am not writing Python, or camping, then I am working on one of my three trailers or either quad or my motorcycles or my Jeep. Too many projects.

haha ya, maybe I should focus more on cleaning the garage, and not so much on the TJ. Thanks btw.
It is hard because I have so many projects, and when I am not writing Python, or camping, then I am working on one of my three trailers or either quad or my motorcycles or my Jeep. Too many projects.
import broom
import dustpan
import Zombiecon
from house import TJkeys

ZC = Zombiecon()
ZC.ignition(start)
ZC.drive(outside)

broom.sweep(floor)
broom.sweep(dustpan)
dustpan.empty(trash)

print "See what I did there?"

LoL

Reactions: ac_
import broom
import dustpan
import Zombiecon
from house import TJkeys

ZC = Zombiecon()
ZC.ignition(start)
ZC.drive(outside)

broom.sweep(floor)
broom.sweep(dustpan)
dustpan.empty(trash)

print "See what I did there?"

LoL
lol I like it!
but add
for no in time:
res = hire.mollymaid
exec(res)

Reactions: jeep_boss
I got mine smogged this week. Nothing fun to report, just business as usual for the little heep. I'm thinking the doors are coming off soon though, the weather is here. I need to come up with a good storage system for them though. They usually end up in a corner of the house somewhere.

Exhaust was the thing for today. Guy I bought it from had cut the exhaust just behind the cat. and was running just a cherry bomb off that. Man it was SO loud it would vibrate stuff inside. Put a factory style muffler on it and ran it all the way out the back. Luckily one of my buddies owns an exhaust shop so I have access to all the stuff. Figured he put in $1500 worth of stereo stuff just so it would be loud enough he could hear it!