What did you do to your TJ today?

I like the sticker. Where do you get these?
I like my newly installed seat risers too. Jeep used to hurt my hip when driving. Now with the riser, moved the seat forward one click and its a much more natural seating position and reach for the pedals. No more pain.

Thanks! I got them through Amazon, lots of color options:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MR1DVZD/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Yep, I did the same. One click forward on the seat after install and it was perfect!

Reactions: mde8965
Fixed my winch. Sliding gear was seized in there Over night soak in penatrating stuff and a few good wacks with the BFH. A good clean and re grease. I can finally free spool. Now to look into getting a synthetic rope

Reactions: JMT
Took the wife fishing at Indian Valley Reservoir yesterday. Weather was low 80's. Had to hike the banks to find some shade. Went too late in the day, so no bites. The Jeep ride was nice though. I disco's but was lazy and kept my tires at 25lbs. Normally, I'd drop them down to 15psi on dirt, but didn't. Sure can tell the difference in comfort 10lbs. can make.

Finished up my DIY wiring harness. Still need to epoxy the positive and negative terminals to the side and find a place to mount it under the hood. Next up, making a switch box to run the cat5 to.

87ONUR9.jpg

2khmbaK.jpg

Then, while I was in the engine bay, I put my WTJF support sticker with the others. :cool:

g2Ax8bl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sgtjdgelinas
Finally got the Rubicon out of winter hibernation. What a spring it has been. Don't get me wrong, the SE is fun to drive. But, after 6 months I forgot just how sweet the Rubicon is. Washed the dust off of it. took the upper doors off and opened the sunrider. Such a busy day, only got to take it a mile down the road and back. Hopefully many more nice days and trails to come soon.
20180422_145841.jpg

Finished the install of my OME lift and JKS front track bar and disconnects. Gained 2 1/4" in the front and just under 2" in the rear. Still a little too much rake. Off to get the 33's tomorrow.

+2.jpg

Before
before.jpg

Finished the install of my OME lift and JKS front track bar and disconnects. Gained 2 1/4" in the front and just under 2" in the rear. Still a little too much rake. Off to get the 33's tomorrow.

View attachment 39529

Before
View attachment 39530
Looks level in that pic. I would hold off adding to the front until everything settles in. Should look real good with the 33's. You staying with the Ravines?

I found this a couple days ago...

20180422_220341.jpg

I knew I had rust there when I bought it... But didn't realize it was so bad. I literally put my fingers through. I guarantee the bottom is going to be much worse. So, I found a guy on Facebook parting Jeeps. He had one, with glass and factory black for $250. Picked it up today. It's from a 98 though, and I have an 04. Not sure of all the differences yet.

I'll document the differences, because it's really tough to find an 03-06 frame. Seems they are all rotten... When you do find one, they want an arm and a leg.

Reactions: Kathy and JMT
I found this a couple days ago...

View attachment 39540

I knew I had rust there when I bought it... But didn't realize it was so bad. I literally put my fingers through. I guarantee the bottom is going to be much worse. So, I found a guy on Facebook parting Jeeps. He had one, with glass and factory black for $250. Picked it up today. It's from a 98 though, and I have an 04. Not sure of all the differences yet.

I'll document the differences, because it's really tough to find an 03-06 frame. Seems they are all rotten... When you do find one, they want an arm and a leg.
Geez man, the hits keep coming :(

Reactions: JMT and Mike_H
It's just part of the "fun." I think my wife has grown weary of it though... Today, I just got an eye roll and some muttering under her breath.
Yeah, that’s tough. I get some of that response. Actually, it’s usually sort of no response. Although, after telling her three times I painted my shocks and got them installed she said ok, let’s go for a ride.

That top looks nice on your Jeep. What material is it? I will be replacing my Shittybilt top is a couple three months and I am considering the Trektop NX in either Sailcloth or Twill. What I want more than anything else is the easiest possible top in terms of taking it down and putting it back up... Looks are secondary, but still important.
Its the Sailcloth one # 56820-35. I have never used a soft top before so dont know how it compares with other tops when taking down and puting back on.

Gave Bruiser a good bath ready to go to an Annual Charity fund raising party...This year the theme was Pilots and Flight attendants.....surprisingly I was the only Biggles but only because I was too short for the Chewbacca costume (I like to think outside the box a little) lol
DSCN0600.JPG

Gave Bruiser a good bath ready to go to an Annual Charity fund raising party...This year the theme was Pilots and Flight attendants.....surprisingly I was the only Biggles but only because I was too short for the Chewbacca costume (I like to think outside the box a little) lol
View attachment 39549
You look sharp! Flight jacket and all! I think that should be your every day attire when drive your Jeep.

You look sharp! Flight jacket and all! I think that should be your every day attire when drive your Jeep.
I agree.....I wanted to keep it but the hire place said Nooooooo.....much better than the other costumes I've hired over the years while driving the Jeep haha Although when I went a Viking one year that was soo warm with the top down.

Last edited: