What did you do to your TJ today?

Morris 4×4 82 bucks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Thanks

Since I roll with no back seat, my seat belt metal buckles bang against the rear vertical posts making all kinds of racket especially at Hwy speeds.

So I zip tied them to the vertical posts. Works great :)

I use double sided velcro purchased at Lowes. Cut it to size and it's reusable.

It's not done yet but I just ordered a Clarion @ DIN DX305 head unit with the SiriusXM adapter, the special harness and the new dash bezel to fit the 2 DIN faceplate from Crutchfield. Cant wait for this to come in because my OEM unit is so bad I'm only pulling in like 2 local stations. I changed the antenna which did not help a bit. Excellent price....under $150 for all, on sale no doubt!

Reactions: Dawghouse
Took the jeep and camping trailer for a run. Need to test the new weight I added to the rear. I added a battery box with all of the controls switches for the lights and solar panel. Needed to air it out a bit.
IMG_2214.JPG
IMG_2217.JPG
IMG_2225.JPG
Installed a new CB and set the SWR's .

What did you use for the vent tube block. I
The Ford 8.8 axle is on!!!!!!!
I drove it around yesterday and so far the only issue is that my exhaust I replaced while the axle was off is vibrating a little bit on the fuel tank, but the rest is solid.
It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be either.
see were most are using Napa p/a 380889. But all I see with that is just a bolt going through the block to the tube.

29792F13-DFFE-4940-BC30-CFE692713C48.jpeg
E467AD26-D32A-4E46-BBD9-372F476E1066.jpeg
Finally got to go to cabin in the UP of Michigan and install my new differential covers! Glad to get new oil in the pigs. The rear wasn’t to bad( someone must of changed it before), the front was stuck on pretty tight and dirtier. Big difference in the thickness of the Teraflex ones vs the OEMs! Still got snow on the ground where it was plowed up!

What did you use for the vent tube block. I

see were most are using Napa p/a 380889. But all I see with that is just a bolt going through the block to the tube.
I made a plate out of some steal stock, drilled/taped, and put it over the ABS sensor hole for the vent.
Then I drilled a hole in the truss and mounted the brake hose block with a nut and bolt.
It all works perfect.

You folks in the NE, MW and PNW are finally coming into your season. So many removing their tops and doors. Here in Florida, our season is pretty much over now. Tops and doors are back on and will likely stay that way until at least late October. Been raining every day here. And its 90+ with really bad humidity. Jeep has been in the garage for several days now. :(

I would be curious to learn more. I use a generator to keep mine charged.
Will yours charge in one day? What do you use your battery for? Maybe we should start a thread in "gear?"
When the trailer is not in use I keep a trickle charger on it at the house. When I am camping I use the solar panel. It works like a trickle charger keeping the batteries charged up. I have two deep cell marine batteries set up as a 2 volt system. Pos to pos and neg to neg. This maintains a 12 volts system. The solar panel uses a controller box. Your solar panel wires run to the controller and from the controller to the batteries.This does two things. One it keeps from over charging the batteries during the day. And at night it keeps the solar panels from pulling voltage from the batteries to the panel, draining the batteries. I use the batteries for all of our led lighting, charging cell phones or radios ( ham radios ) and my wifes coffee pot. She want drink it from my camp fire pot. lol Both batteries together gives me 80 amp hours. Add up all of your devices and how many amps they will use in an hour. This will tell you how long you can run on the batteries. I have not ran out of batteries life yet. I leave all led lights on all night every night we camp. I'll get you a pic of how I have my battery box set up.
This is my solar panel.
Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel

$124.99 on Amazon is where I bought it.

Lets start a thread. I think it would be good to share our setup's . I'm sure we all could learn from each others setups.

Reactions: FireJeep and ac_
When the trailer is not in use I keep a trickle charger on it at the house. When I am camping I use the solar panel. It works like a trickle charger keeping the batteries charged up. I have two deep cell marine batteries set up as a 2 volt system. Pos to pos and neg to neg. This maintains a 12 volts system. The solar panel uses a controller box. Your solar panel wires run to the controller and from the controller to the batteries.This does two things. One it keeps from over charging the batteries during the day. And at night it keeps the solar panels from pulling voltage from the batteries to the panel, draining the batteries. I use the batteries for all of our led lighting, charging cell phones or radios ( ham radios ) and my wifes coffee pot. She want drink it from my camp fire pot. lol Both batteries together gives me 80 amp hours. Add up all of your devices and how many amps they will use in an hour. This will tell you how long you can run on the batteries. I have not ran out of batteries life yet. I leave all led lights on all night every night we camp. I'll get you a pic of how I have my battery box set up.
This is my solar panel.
Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel

$124.99 on Amazon is where I bought it.

Lets start a thread. I think it would be good to share our setup's . I'm sure we all could learn from each others setups.
I have about the same set up a far as flood lights and led's phones and ipads, I even have the same tent. But I use a plug-in cooler and a fan to keep the tent cool during the day. I usually keep a 3 phase charger running on the gen all day then shut the gen off at night. I am able to keep enough batter for the night where I charge it again. I am not sure if a trickle charge would be enough for the damage I do to my batteries. and the panels are heavy to carry. The gen takes up less room and I usually carry extra gas for the quads anyway.

It is a little different here. I need an electric cooler because it is so hot during the day here. I haven't found a cooler yet that will keep more than a days ice in it.

I have about the same set up a far as flood lights and led's phones and ipads, I even have the same tent. But I use a plug-in cooler and a fan to keep the tent cool during the day. I usually keep a 3 phase charger running on the gen all day then shut the gen off at night. I am able to keep enough batter for the night where I charge it again. I am not sure if a trickle charge would be enough for the damage I do to my batteries. and the panels are heavy to carry. The gen takes up less room and I usually carry extra gas for the quads anyway.

It is a little different here. I need an electric cooler because it is so hot during the day here. I haven't found a cooler yet that will keep more than a days ice in it.

I used trickle charger the wrong way. The solar panel is keeping the batteries charge to 100% during the day. The panel is a 100 watt solar panel. If I wanted to during the day I could run other things as well. I have t tried a electric cooler yet. But I plan to get one soon. I know others that do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ac_