What did you do to your TJ today?

1”Body Lift, 1” Motor Mount lift.

The Dynastar kit seems to have yielded closer to 1.25~1.5” in height.

Deleted the 1/4” T-case drop and managed to break 1 nutsert loose.

I can shift all T-case gears, but low range doesn’t seem to want to stay in.

So, sounds like a new nutsert and Novak shifter are on the short list.

Working my way toward a belly up skid.

Hello everyone. I'm new. Really like all the post here and not sure how to properly introduce myself to the Forum. But thanks for letting me be here. I installed a 4 inch lift, Rough Country, on my 97 TJ today with some 15x10 Mickey Thompson Wheels and Toyo Mt 33 x 12.50's.
Going for the old school look and I ordered new front and rear bumpers and a nice new Warn winch for the front. Thanks for letting me enjoy the website and I hope I can contribute.

FB_IMG_1527042759636.jpg

Hello everyone. I'm new. Really like all the post here and not sure how to properly introduce myself to the Forum. But thanks for letting me be here. I installed a 4 inch lift, Rough Country, on my 97 TJ today with some 15x10 Mickey Thompson Wheels and Toyo Mt 33 x 12.50's.
Going for the old school look and I ordered new front and rear bumpers and a nice new Warn winch for the front. Thanks for letting me enjoy the website and I hope I can contribute.

Pulled the carpet out of the jeep today to powerwash and found this. View attachment 39941
Now I'm strongly leaning towards leaving the carpet out and just bed lining the interior.

I am pretty sure swapping out the rug for Berliner will result in increased road noise and heat in the wheel wells. There are heat shields in the front OEM rugs around where the transmission is. Look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am pretty sure swapping out the rug for Berliner will result in increased road noise and heat in the wheel wells. There are heat shields in the front OEM rugs around where the transmission is. Look into it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I already finished bed lining the interior of the jeep. I posted photos a page or two after my original post. I have experienced increased heat from the tunnel but nothing an all weather floor mat won't fix. Also, the heat is only really bad if I squeeze my toes beyond the pedals. As far as noise goes I currently have my soft top or no top on since it is nice outside so I can't detect any change in road noise. Perhaps once I put my hardtop back on it will become more noticeable. Ultimately for my application I am very happy with the upgrade and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Dropped the skid plate this weekend. Changed the transfer case fluid and replaced the transmission mount. Sanded and painted the skid plate and the frame that would be covered when the plate is in place. Gonna continue work on the frame more in the coming weeks, months... Used POR 15 on everything. Bought some clips at Home Depot for $0.99 and hung up the side windows from the soft top.

upload_2018-5-28_15-14-29.png

upload_2018-5-28_15-14-4.png

View attachment 42531

Last edited:
I put new lock cylinders on the doors ( half doors). For some reason I needed two keys, one for the ignition and tailgate and another for the two doors. PO must have had lock problems. I ordered some lock cylinders, took them to a local old school locksmith and he set them up, made new keys and now I'm using one key for all of it.
Much easier.

I got a new mattress delivered and kept the huge box it came in and cut out 4 nice, clean pieces to lay on while I finish my suspension lift. Nothing better than clean, thick cardboard to roll around on underneath your Jeep. Maybe i'm just weird and might turn into a bum one day but I sure do get happy over clean cardboard to work off of.
After reading this the other day I grabbed some cardboard that I had laying around and used it for my weekend projects. Worked out great and gave me a little more clearance to move around under my stock TJ. Thanks.

Reactions: jeepins
Dropped the skid plate this weekend. Changed the transfer case fluid and replaced the transmission mount. Sanded and painted the skid plate and the frame that would be covered when the plate is in place. Gonna continue work on the frame more in the coming weeks, months... Used POR 15 on everything. Bought some clips at Home Depot for $0.99 and hung up the side windows from the soft top.

View attachment 42530
View attachment 42529
View attachment 42531
Great Idea.....good job

Reactions: RussTJ
Installed a pair of OEM windshield hinges that I found on ebay. I had a set of Crown Automotive one's on, they were junk. The didn't fit the greatest and just looked bad. Also, put the dark side markers on for summer & fixed my rear view mirror, which had fallen off on Sunday.

Edit to add: before install pics.

20180529_152510.jpg

20180529_152251.jpg

20180529_152233.jpg

20180529_152227.jpg

20180529_114324.jpg

20180529_102918.jpg

Last edited: