What did you do to your TJ today?

Took care of a few projects this weekend. I wanted to add a USB charger port to my '97 but wanted to keep the 12V power source too. So I modified where the cigarette lighter is to fit them both in. I cut a piece of plexiglass and used a hole saw to cut two holes for the USB and 12V power sources. Then I widened out the single hole switch assembly and secured and wired the new equipment.

I also bought a replacement fender a few months ago. I went over the seams on the underside of the fender with a wire brush and used POR15 on it. I wanted to apply a coat of paint to help protect the underside where it's exposed to the wheel. I used some Dupli-Color Flame Red and I'm happy with the match. My painting skills are pretty modest but painting the underside of a fender is within my range.

View attachment 55584
View attachment 55577
View attachment 55578
View attachment 55579
View attachment 55580
View attachment 55582
Nice work on adding the USB charger..It almost looks stock.

Reactions: RussTJ
Went for a beautiful ride today.
View attachment 55583
Then the "albatross" said no more. 30 miles from home lost the engine. No spark. Had to phone a friend to grab my truck and the tow bar and drag her home. Ran the codes. Looks like either the distributor or the coil. Looks like it going to be both. Hell might as well just do a whole tune up.

All i can say is thankfully i had 3 gallons of water with food. It was only going to be a 3 hour drive.

Glad u got home I’m sorry dude that sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep done that as well... :mad:

I had a hell of a time getting the doors off our LJ when we bought it. I had to go buy some nuts to thread on a little bit and used a ball pein hammer. I tapped on each nut with the hammer and it eventually loosened up. I had to buy nuts because there weren't any on my doors when I bought it

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
The sun came out in the afternoon and I went for a nice relaxing drive in the Jeep far away from town. Probably last weekend of top down weather here. Already lots of rain and cold nights.

MVIMG_20180916_163213.jpg

Last edited:
Went for a beautiful ride today.
View attachment 55583
Then the "albatross" said no more. 30 miles from home lost the engine. No spark. Had to phone a friend to grab my truck and the tow bar and drag her home. Ran the codes. Looks like either the distributor or the coil. Looks like it going to be both. Hell might as well just do a whole tune up.

All i can say is thankfully i had 3 gallons of water with food. It was only going to be a 3 hour drive.

Hope it's nothing major. Keep us posted!

Lost the TJ today. ☹️ My daughter was on her way to church and got T boned. It flipped it onto the drivers side and slid off the road into a large Pine tree. Scattered parts all over. The factory roll bar / cage did it’s job. She is doing good after a short hospital visit. View attachment 55603View attachment 55604

Holy shit.

So, so glad to hear your daughter is safe. Make sure to get her checked for whiplash and concussion. She must have gotten hit very hard.

Here's to hoping you find a nicer Jeep to continue with.

Last edited:
I had a hell of a time getting the doors off our LJ when we bought it. I had to go buy some nuts to thread on a little bit and used a ball pein hammer. I tapped on each nut with the hammer and it eventually loosened up. I had to buy nuts because there weren't any on my doors when I bought it

yes I ended up doing that aswell...now there on and off in no time flat...

Reactions: kylepresnell419
Installed the Flipurtop kit on my soft top. Overall it went well, although I added a couple more velcro tie downs for good measure, as the one supplied barely fit.
My dog did her usual good job of supervising, and being an all around tripping hazard.
IMG_20180916_153950604.jpg

Reactions: Fonz54 and NeneLew
Holy shit.

So, so glad to hear your daughter is safe. Make sure to get her checked for whiplash and concussion. She must have gotten hit very hard.

Here's to hoping you find a nicer Jeep to continue with.
Thank you so much. She was able to crawl out on her own. It went across 3 lanes on its side across the dirt shoulder & ditch and nailed the tree in the woods. She had to come through some nasty briers to get out. She handled it better than me & my wife. They took her to the trauma center and did X-rays & labs. All good reports. No concussion. Her blood pressure was even normal. I’m still in shock. It’s kicking in now and she’s getting pretty sore. She’s more upset about the Jeep and a guitar she had just bought than anything. I have already started looking online for another one. It wasn’t perfect but it wasn’t bad for a 99’ . All in all the bar and airbags worked better than I ever thought they would. It was a good little TJ... RIP ☹️

Reactions: NeneLew
Thank you so much. She was able to crawl out on her own. It went across 3 lanes on its side across the dirt shoulder & ditch and nailed the tree in the woods. She had to come through some nasty briers to get out. She handled it better than me & my wife. They took her to the trauma center and did X-rays & labs. All good reports. No concussion. Her blood pressure was even normal. I’m still in shock. It’s kicking in now and she’s getting pretty sore. She’s more upset about the Jeep and a guitar she had just bought than anything. I have already started looking online for another one. It wasn’t perfect but it wasn’t bad for a 99’ . All in all the bar and airbags worked better than I ever thought they would. It was a good little TJ... RIP ☹️
Sounds like your TJ did its job protecting your daughter. Sorry about your Jeep, but happy for your daughter. Take care!

Reactions: Bilge68 and RussTJ
Looking for another Jeep already...that's awesome...wont be long and she be back in the saddle.
giddy up jeep.jpg

Went on a trip. Left the TJ in the garage and took the one ton 94 on a 300 mile round trip up to Tennessee that included some of the best trails I have been on. Rode up there Saturday, avoided the highway, camped Saturday night, rode out Sunday back down to Alabama.

Trail Ride Photos Link (Pic Heavy)
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/bham-alabama-to-coppinger-cove-tn.13822/

B8915817-4955-42BD-8C2D-08A4AD0EF4D9.jpeg
9E9C020A-3D03-4827-937C-54B4DE895708.jpeg
BB39F4B7-6D7A-4BAB-9216-29F7008CB360.jpeg

Last edited: