What did you do to your TJ today?

Thanks @jazngab I have been reading threads on this.
I still have the stock amp and head unit too.
Was hoping to just replace the sub and be done but looks like I may have to do a complete sound upgrade to get everything right.
Gonna be a steep learning curve, I'm no audio geek for sure.
Looking at a 5 channel v 1 channel, idk, it's all Greek to me. Time to dig in and research.

I am no audiophile myself but being I just did this upgrade changing the headunit, speakers, sub, and adding a small amp makes the sound system infinitely better. There are threads here and just buy what’s recommended, YouTube some videos, and do yourself a favor and order thru crutchfield. All can be done for appox. $300-400.

Reactions: mikespine and KCsTJ
Any idea where you got it? What brand or exact name? I’d really like to keep my original key. Every thing I find has new keys, which is really no big deal but if I have a option. Thanks!
Go down to AutoZone O'Reilly's Pep Boys Napa they all have the key cylinder with a new key.

You can Google how to change the wafers on the key cylinder. Or watch this video

You remove the key Wafers from your original put it in the new cylinder and your old key will work.

Hopefully I made sense

Any idea where you got it? What brand or exact name? I’d really like to keep my original key. Every thing I find has new keys, which is really no big deal but if I have a option. Thanks!

I got it from Car Quest. I want to say it was like 50 bucks if I remember right. I don't have the part number it was a couple of years ago. Car Quest is also a part of Advanced Auto, but I bet they would have them anywhere.

It comes with a sheet of paper and instructions on how to take it a part. I took the tumblers out of the new one and one by one pulled them out of the old one and put new (same sized) in the new cylinder. There are tumblers on the top and bottom.

Seriously it took maybe an hour from start to finish. Now I have one key that opens my glove box, console, doors and ignition. oh yeah and the tailgate. That is nice.

Reactions: Mike JF
It's been awhile since I've been in here but the green machine is finally back from the shop after getting the rear main seal and transmission seal replaced. This weekend I should be able to replace the seal on the front differential and hopefully my floor will stay leak free!

Reactions: Boinked
Used tin snips and a Dremel to shorten then smooth that annoying metal piece that sticks out into my coin tray.

20181228_145027.jpg

Rotated my tires and inspected the rear drums while in the process. Can’t find a leak but there is a stain on one of the drums... have to figure that out and put some springs and pads on soon. I think I’ll be able to get away without new drums this time around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Reactions: Kathy
Had my cooler arrive that I plan on using for the power steering, and ordered a Viair OBA setup. I got it through the Amazon Warehouse Deals section for $228 CAD ($167 USD). https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000X9RX3A/?tag=tjforum-20

This is the same cooler Stu used on his Jeep. https://www.stu-offroad.com//steering/pscooler/pscooler-1.htm

View attachment 69630View attachment 69631

Which Viair did you go with?

I picked up the 400p Automatic as my Christmas present to myself. Just received it today.

Great looking piece of equipment. Looking forward to not riding all the way home on mushy tires!

Edit- Nevermind. I realize you linked to it.

I’m curious what pushed you toward the tank? I thought about going that route, but we don’t typically carry air tools or run air lockers, so decided to skip it.

Reactions: derekmac
I’m curious what pushed you toward the tank? I thought about going that route, but we don’t typically carry air tools or run air lockers, so decided to skip it.
The price honestly. I was going to get the 400p Auto, until I found the one I got in the Warehouse Deals section. It was $30 cheaper than the 400p, and the same 33% duty cycle.

The price honestly. I was going to get the 400p Auto, until I found the one I got in the Warehouse Deals section. It was $30 cheaper than the 400p, and the same 33% duty cycle.

Makes sense.

I wonder how long you could run an impact off that tank. Not long I’d suspect, but having that reserve might make filling tires even faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
Added wrap around license plate holder (tire carrier handle hit the OEM plate holder).

DD8054D1-6D9B-4C94-ACF7-EF644FDB0E18.jpeg

Completed audio upgrade.
Pioneer head unit
Kicker 4x6 (dash)
Kicker 5 1/4 (sound bar)
Kenwood 4ch amp (glove box)
Kicker 250 mono amp (under back seat)
Bazooka 10” passive tube
Boss amp kit.

CC23057C-1E1A-4A6E-A82B-580B2B317986.jpeg

D8FB0C75-3133-4761-A9A7-3E69D486CB5E.jpeg

A470BC53-A893-4D4A-A985-180FA8E63CB7.jpeg

5A6603BA-8B62-4CD7-8F22-CE8938ABD33F.jpeg

2FDE3F32-845F-4E43-AD19-511EE616CA4A.jpeg

Went for my 6 monthly safety checkup (its the law out here) and the first time in 7 years it failed.:(
Rear seat belts were starting to fray a little so now I have to get new belts and the law changed on headlights saying that you cant have LED and Halogen lights together (park lights and main lights ) ....they have to be both LED or both Halogen....stupid law.
Of course its Christmas too so everyone is closed.

Reactions: ElectricWizard