What did you do to your TJ today?

Put in a new IAC and PCV Elbow/Grommet in hopes of fixing a stalling problem but it is still happening.

Also replaced the AC blower resistor to get the AC working at all speeds.

Making progress on getting some Warn sliders on, more prep work than anything today. Got the OEM Rubicon rails off with only breaking two bolts. That's a success in the Midwest. Lots of cleaning needed/done but pleased to find zero rust.
View attachment 69732
The 03+ Warn versions dont have one of the mounting holes drilled out (it is centerpunched) since using said hole requires you to use a hole saw by the seat belt bracket. It is the mounting hole that is the most rear and Warn gives you instructions if you want to use it. It a pretty important bolt IMO so it got drilled out. Since I have the Misch BB Seat Brackets, I pulled the driver's seat out to give me access with a holesaw. Got that ready for tomorrow.

Got painters tape on, the top line of the sliders marked, and test fitted the sliders to mark the drill holes. Was about to start drilling the tub but started thinking I should measure one more time. Was loosing daylight so that's going to have to wait.
View attachment 69733
Finished up the job today, pretty happy with how these turned out for the price! All in under $230 on an amazon sale.

4051B90C-93E1-42C6-A825-E98570DB0DE8.jpeg

7D5C86CD-A208-4B19-A603-85D0D424406A.jpeg

My mate called me and told me to head to the local exhaust shop and check out the Jeep they had there..... interesting set up with independent suspension.....View attachment 69800View attachment 69801View attachment 69802View attachment 69803
Ford M-151 A2. My Dad & I finished putting a '68 A1 back together that the Military cut up for surplus. It had a 4 cyl., 4 sp., single speed transfer case. The one pictured is the A2 with the recessed B/O light on the left ft. fender. With the A1 we had, the B/O light was on top of the fender. And the P/O painted bright yellow for some reason only they know. Ours still had the 24volt system and part of the fording kit.
Another thing with these units is that because of the IRS, a lot of GI's were hurt or worse from the swing arms folding underneath in sharp turns. My Dad knew about this so we added limit straps to ours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike JF and Kiwi TJ
Finished up the job today, pretty happy with how these turned out for the price! All in under $230 on an amazon sale.

View attachment 69918

View attachment 69919

I ordered these and they’re due to be delivered next week. Was it a straight forward install? How is the gap against the body? Did you seal it so water won’t get in and sit between the rocker and body?

Got any pics of that mount location by seat brackets you described?

Last edited:
I ordered these and they’re due to be delivered next week. Was it a straight forward install? How is the gap against the body? Did you seal it so water won’t get in and sit between the rocker and body?

I can take some when I get home. Install was pretty straight forward, more prep than anything, measure 3x drill once, use touch up paint on all the holes. Had to remove the seatbelt, drill the hole directly above the b-pillar roll-bar since I have an 03 to install the rear bolt which I think is necessary if you are going to wheel it. There is a small gap underneath the jeep logo since they don't have a bolt hole at that location that would otherwise bring it flush with the body. (Would also have to drill an access hole I think.) Didn't seal the top, just shot a bunch of fluid-film in the gap before I tightened everything up. I think it will drain. Would also recommend you have a few extra thick 3/8" washers on hand to shim up the bolts that come through the floor, the supplied tubes we're a bit short.

I can take some when I get home. Install was pretty straight forward, more prep than anything, measure 3x drill once, use touch up paint on all the holes. Had to remove the seatbelt, drill the hole directly above the b-pillar roll-bar since I have an 03 to install the rear bolt which I think is necessary if you are going to wheel it. There is a small gap underneath the jeep logo since they don't have a bolt hole at that location that would otherwise bring it flush with the body. (Would also have to drill an access hole I think.) Didn't seal the top, just shot a bunch of fluid-film in the gap before I tightened everything up. I think it will drain. Would also recommend you have a few extra thick 3/8" washers on hand to shim up the bolts that come through the floor, the supplied tubes we're a bit short.

Thanks. Mine is a 03 as well so I’ll prob do all the same prep. I was planning on soaking with fluid film as well. I’ll prob hit the rails with few clear coats prior to install as well. Pics would be great about the rear mount locations.

These are the brackets that I'm talking about. Big boy Brackets . It moves the seat assembly back 4" so I had to pull the seat to access the b-pillar roll bar

We
Thanks. Mine is a 03 as well so I’ll prob do all the same prep. I was planning on soaking with fluid film as well. I’ll prob hit the rails with few clear coats prior to install as well. Pics would be great about the rear mount locations.
Went to go take a picture, the hole is directly behind the seat belt assembly so no luck with a pic. When you drill a pilot hole (I used 1/8") for the last bolt hole behind the W, you'll just want to follow Warns directions and push it all the way through to the inner skin of the tub, this will give you the pilot hole for the holesaw.

Reactions: jazngab
I've got an '03 with the Warn sliders. I ran a bead of silicone on the top edge mainly just to keep most of the fine grit out. Whatever water gets in from the bottom drains back the same way.

Reactions: jazngab
Not a lot of free time lately but finally removed the stupid vehicle immobilizer module the PO installed. Was wired for power and interrupted the starter wire from the steering column. I used to have to contact this stupid little metal key-fob to a little stupid metal plate attached to the bottom of the dash for a few seconds before I could start the Jeep. Now I can just insert the key and start it! Feels like a new vehicle now.

Lemme tell you, I am not so good at soldering that I would show off my work but I was able to solder a little length of wire to what little wiring I had to work with, upside down, in the dark, underneath the steering wheel and made it work so I am proud of that much!

Not a lot of free time lately but finally removed the stupid vehicle immobilizer module the PO installed. Was wired for power and interrupted the starter wire from the steering column. I used to have to contact this stupid little metal key-fob to a little stupid metal plate attached to the bottom of the dash for a few seconds before I could start the Jeep. Now I can just insert the key and start it! Feels like a new vehicle now.

Lemme tell you, I am not so good at soldering that I would show off my work but I was able to solder a little length of wire to what little wiring I had to work with, upside down, in the dark, underneath the steering wheel and made it work so I am proud of that much!

If you soldered it and it works, you did great in my opinion, Just make sure its covered up, and you are good to go!

Reactions: danof76
Had some Skyjacker Hydros and replaced them with some JKU shocks. I think the JKU shocks are actually a little too cush and maybe I was getting used to the Hydros. I need something in between..... I'll either try the OME shocks to match my springs next or maybe the Rancho 9000. I would like to find the sweet spot - cush but firm with good handling characteristics...... I think that's what everyone is looking for - LoL!

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
Had some Skyjacker Hydros and replaced them with some JKU shocks. I think the JKU shocks are actually a little too cush and maybe I was getting used to the Hydros. I need something in between..... I'll either try the OME shocks to match my springs next or maybe the Rancho 9000. I would like to find the sweet spot - cush but firm with good handling characteristics...... I think that's what everyone is looking for - LoL!
Look into Rancho 5000X! They are awesome. Made for the weight of a TJ. I’ve been very happy. Had Pro Comp, they made it ride like a wagon!

Reactions: mikespine