What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced the clockspring and I have my horn and cruise control back and the air bag light is finally off. My wallet is still recovering from the outright assault on it. I couldn’t believe the price for a new one and of course 2002 is the only year that doesn’t have an aftermarket choice available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pulled my back seat and carpet out today in anticipation of receving bedtred covering for an expanded cargo area. I also removed the back seat brakets and short belts. We are taking our tj and our lab to Colorado for the Summer and he will ride a bunch. White Lab hair is difficult to clean off of black carpet. It also sticks to black jeep seats backsvlike glue. I want to get some seat covers for the front buckets that will be more friendly for cleaning. Any ideas on slip on covers for those front seats are appreciated.
@Ron Hall if you create a separate post with this question you might get more responses. There are a lot of members with dogs and you'll probably get some good info. Good luck.

Reactions: Ron Hall
I'm using Rust Bullet. I have no project experiences prior to using it other than performing some sample testing to evaluate if i like how it went on and dried. Seemed like every product out there has success stories and failures and as part of my second childhood goals, im trying not to over analyze things and just dive in. My biggest initial draw towards its use was how the product was being used by industrial, military, and marine shipping applications in addition to automotive restoration work and not something I could grab at WallyWorld. It requires minimal surface prep. (I LIKED THAT). I will be top coating the rust bullet treated frame with Rustoleum Truck bed liner spray. In the Interior I will be top coating it with primer and factory original color and plus a clear coat. As always, what looks good on paper and on the shelf doesnt always look good 5 years down the road. Cheers.
A word of warning about Rustoleum Bed Liner, it has a very non-slip finish that will likely hold on to dirt and mud like it was its mother and will not be simple to wipe off (think running a rag against 120 grit sandpaper)😖. Don't get me wrong, I like Rustoleum the best of the spray-on liners I've tried and use it lots of places but I think that surface will not be your friend in this application.

A recentish experience with polyurethane paint (actually intended for garage floors) on a cast iron and steel machine too project has pretty much convinced me that's what I want to use on my Rubi when I repaint its underside...if I can find it in black. The stuff is tough as nails and does not chip from impact...and it's smooth.

Reactions: Fonz54
Went 3/4r's naked today for the first time!! :D What an experience to drive with no uppers on the doors!! Can't wait till I can actually take the top down all the way. Right now it is still a bit chilly at 1am in the morning so I will probably put it all back together before Monday (work day). I did buy a windjammer though, so I will get it installed once it gets here, or shortly after, and see if that will help keep me warm enough in the early mornings.

The only thing I am kind of disappointed in, is I had to move my ridding buddies. LOL Not because of the wind, they stayed pretty good, it was more on how easy it would be for someone to reach in and grab them. Most moved to the center console area, but the special one is locked in the glove box. LOL

xzmmezVUT8SpRTtTG9Ea7A.jpg

ykADQ3UkRsuxrHONqvI4VQ.jpg

I used a bed web to make sure my junk didn't fly out in the back, but it didn't seem to go anywhere while on my test drive. I still haven't decided what I want to do for a tonneau cover. I do definitely want something to cover everything up though. Don't like it that visible. May have to step that up on my list of things I want to do. LOL

vxf3cRmtRKWSKMvBO%rz9Q.jpg

I am also thinking of taking out the back seat belts. They blew around pretty good on the test drive. I came home and put bungies around them, but one is locked up. I can't get it to come out to get it closer to the bar. So because of that, and the fact I took the seat out and the bottom portions of the belts out, might as well take them out too. LOL

A word of warning about Rustoleum Bed Liner, it has a very non-slip finish that will likely hold on to dirt and mud like it was its mother and will not be simple to wipe off (think running a rag against 120 grit sandpaper)😖. Don't get me wrong, I like Rustoleum the best of the spray-on liners I've tried and use it lots of places but I think that surface will not be your friend in this application.

A recentish experience with polyurethane paint (actually intended for garage floors) on a cast iron and steel machine too project has pretty much convinced me that's what I want to use on my Rubi when I repaint its underside...if I can find it in black. The stuff is tough as nails and does not chip from impact...and it's smooth.
I have had this dirty experience with rustoleum bed liner when painting my rock sliders on my JL . I do like the look, toughness / durability of the paint. But dirt does happen. Perhaps if i added a top coat of semi-gloss on top of it that it might clean up easier when dirty. So much to learn. Ha!

Nice looking seats where did you get them
They’re actually stock. In 01-02 Jeep rolled at an APEX edition, basically just an over-glorified X with a boosted trim package. These all-leather seats were part of that. You can occasionally find them on eBay but they’re rare and expensive.

Back on the road after a week of CEL hell (misfire on #3). I put in some new Autolite plugs to replace those lawnmower plugs and a new NGK coil pack and now have no CEL (for now). And it has more low end grunt than it did before. Underhood sticker said to gap at .030 to .035, so I went to the wide end of things at .035 and the ol' 4.0 wouldn't play nice like that, so I pulled them back out this morning and regapped to a middle of the road .032 and it ran like it should. I'll have to remember that if I ever have to change them out again.

bougies.jpg

Pulled her out of Michigan hibernation and the wife and I drove her to a few stores. Dropping her off at the shop for a once over and a professional look at the intermittent water pump leak. Looking to make her safe and reliable and then on to the fun stuff!