What did you do to your TJ today?

Picked up a nice Cj draw bar, a Cj ss vent cover and a set of chrome old school Laredo looking rims. The jeep [hate to call it a junkyard] ‘recycling center’ operator had to remove them [complete with flat tires- at no additional charge] from the jeep that they were on so I will possibly pick them up tomorrow. Today was the last day of at home therapy, on Wednesday I start the orthopedic md’s rehab. Ouch. But I did just mow my acre and a half on my zero radius and my knee is hanging in there. Pictures soon. Of Ripley, not my knee.

I finally got around to putting in my new sway bar link bushings and installing the storage pins.

36E06930-F8BF-4DAC-8C4C-61A2C3082D83.jpeg

And got the new soft half doors installed.

D94499D0-963A-4360-8FAF-3ED8A6C3D9DD.jpeg

I repaired the AC last fall so I put off taking my top off longer than I ever have before on any Jeep or samurai I have had. Usually they come off mid to late May.

Picked up my rims [plus tires] yesterday. Im going to get my local tire place to remove the tires but I want to clean them up first so the rims won’t get damaged. Thinking that I would use my power washer if I can figure out how to work it. The fronts aren’t bad but the backs look rough. Once the tires are gone I can hit the rims with brake dust cleaner [Diablo wheel gel or zone-x any good?] and Mothers to get them nice and pretty. Next week I can get them put on Ripley. I think they are Ion rims.
18F9717F-A64F-4FB5-A366-99D2B796F81F.jpeg

Last edited:
Finished up the budget bumper! Cut the sides, welded plates on, and then bolted on a bull bar.

View attachment 105001

View attachment 105002

That bumper job looks great! I would weld the bullbar too though. With those bolts it's probably gonna crush into your grill and radiator. But I like the look. I'm going with a cheap tube bumper. Just to offset some damage in a minor collision. Better to replace a cheap bumper than have your Jeep totaled.

But ya. The way you cut it and welded it up? Looks great. And I like the bullbar look. And the fact that it may protect something in a minor fender bender or if nothing else some brush is icing on the cake.

Installed Savvy TC shift cable and it’s awesome and actually quite simple to install.
Diagnosed my TC, found that I may have installed a spring in the shift fork thing incorrectly, now I’ll have to take back apart and see what I did wrong. I can get into 4Hi, and that’s about it.
Add it to the list.

That bumper job looks great! I would weld the bullbar too though. With those bolts it's probably gonna crush into your grill and radiator. But I like the look. I'm going with a cheap tube bumper. Just to offset some damage in a minor collision. Better to replace a cheap bumper than have your Jeep totaled.

But ya. The way you cut it and welded it up? Looks great. And I like the bullbar look. And the fact that it may protect something in a minor fender bender or if nothing else some brush is icing on the cake.
Ah I hadn’t thought of that. This is my first TJ and I don’t know THAT much about modding for off road use, which I want to do. I’ll probably weld up the bull bar next weekend, which will also make it look a lot cleaner.

Thanks!! I really appreciate it. I like how it turned out and it was obviously super cheap so win/win.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Reactions: BlueRidge304
Be careful with following the suggestion on using that website. I have noticed it to be much higher than others factory part websites.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Getting ready to install the flipped Dana 300. I put a sight tube on it for oil level checking.

Then I changed the brake fluid using a Motive Power Bleeder for Dodge. Easy, took all the pain away. Remove fluid and clean the cup, fill with fluid, add 1 qt to Power Bleeder, pressurize to 12 psi, get under Jeep with clear 1/4” tube, container for old fluid and a wrench, crack the bleed nipple and run until clean fluid appears. X3 and easy. Took 15 min.

0A192E75-3F05-4F57-AC74-764DBC09F6E9.jpeg

C3272306-5277-46CD-B781-D9A80047FA00.jpeg