What did you do to your TJ today?

Painted flares today and I think they turned out pretty good. I dont like the bushwacker flares the PO put on, but the new paint will make them tolerable until I find a set of stock ones.

20190807_171350_HDR.jpg

20190807_174509.jpg

20190807_181200.jpg

20190807_181339_HDR.jpg

20190807_181353_HDR.jpg

20190807_181357.jpg

Today I received a new synthetic winch line and Safety Thimble II from TRE so I finished the install of my new Warn M8000-S winch.

The project was not without some unanticipated challenges, but @mrblaine helped me diagnose an issue with the Spydura winch line supplied by Warn and Kristen at Tactical Recovery Equipment was able to get a replacement line and thimble to me almost overnight and in time for an upcoming trip. My thanks to both.

TRE winch line and Safety Thimble installed.jpg
TRE winch line from above.jpg
View of front bumper with TRE fairlead and safety thimble.jpg

Today I received a new synthetic winch line and Safety Thimble II from TRE so I finished the install of my new Warn M8000-S winch.

The project was not without some unanticipated challenges, but @mrblaine helped me diagnose an issue with the Spydura winch line supplied by Warn and Kristen at Tactical Recovery Equipment was able to get a replacement line and thimble to me almost overnight and in time for an upcoming trip. My thanks to both.

View attachment 108653View attachment 108654View attachment 108655
I would have bet good money that what you encountered was not possible.

Rear band adjusted. New filter. 5 or 6 quarts of new fluid. Front shaft reconnected. Skid plate on. Tom Wood's driveshaft is in. Still need to put upper rear arms on and adjust pinion angle, but it's kinda close right now. Still need to put upper fronts on and new bushings in the axle. And have new front hubs to install also.

However, off idle jiggy-ness (shake) from the lift is gone. Yay. And if the ride is this much improved with only the lower arms replaced, it should be awesome once the upper arms are done. Whole thing feels firmed/tightened up. More solid.

The fat lip gods smiled on me, as the transfer case output yoke was lined up with the rear axle, so I didn't have to put anything in neutral or jack up the rear end to get the driveshaft installed. Yay.

So, I measured the amount of trans fluid that came out of the trans so I would have a baseline to start from on getting the level correct. Put 3 quarts in for starters. Was just a smidge concerned that the transfer case wouldn't work, though it really only goes together one way. So, I turned the key and was only going to maybe back it down 10 feet or so, to check it out, but when it started, it seemed to make a racket when in drive. Didn't make any noise at first in reverse, but in drive it had this clanking sound. Then it started to do it in reverse. Only talking about a couple inches at most of movement. Then I recognized the noise was the floor jack still sitting on the 2 4x4 blocks that I had under the transmission while installing the skid plate. D'oh!! Kicked the jack out and the noise was gone. Whew! Drove it around the block, but the transmission was acting funny. Hoped I didn't screw something up when adjusting the bands, but also thought it was maybe just acting like it was low on fluid. Got home with it warmed up/hot and level, and it was about 2.5 quarts low. Got the level right and went for another short drive. Everything seems to be working, and working well, or better than before. Before, when slowing down to go around corners and then accelerating, it just didn't act like it wanted to "kick down". I had already adjusted the throttle valve/kickdown cable some months back. But now, it drives like any other 3 speed auto. Nice.

Reactions: RussTJ
Today I got mine loaded for a early start tomorrow morning, we will be driving up from the SF Bay Area to near Truckee CA. We will be doing Fordyce Creek " Sierra Trek" Friday morning. So I stole one of the trailers from work and I bought a kit from Mac Tie Downs, I must say these are a great way to tie down the jeep

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

IMG_4687 (1).jpg

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

I finished up my body lift (1.25” Savvy) and got the new TC cable installed.

Now stuck on the MML, figured I’ll throw some Kroil in there and take a break for the night. I’m really anxious to finish that though as my fan shroud can’t just move down - it rubs :(. Probably due to the OEM mounts sagging or something.

I'm having withdrawals that is what I am doing to my Jeep. LOL I had to get the "family" car out to drive it for a few days so I can get it smogged. Been rough having to have the PT in the main driveway instead of the Jeep.

Today I did do something to it though. My new O2 sensor came today so I went out and sprayed some Deep Creep on the old sensor. Going to let it do it's thing over night, then tomorrow I will change it out. :D

YIvSUBnHQI2VX0l0bQZ9tA.jpg

GTSkjMFAQBeRpBAYFPXwWg.jpg

Pulled the transfer case out last Thursday night and finally got to drive it again last night. It was rough those 5 or 6 days, LOL. But more for anticipation on experiencing the improvements. But yeah. I missed it.
Yeah Ive been grumpy at work and I put it down to not being able to drive mine for the last 2 weeks!! (might as well have been 2 months) … Hopeing to get some time under it this weekend. and be driving mid next week. (fingers crossed)

I'm having withdrawals that is what I am doing to my Jeep. LOL I had to get the "family" car out to drive it for a few days so I can get it smogged. Been rough having to have the PT in the main driveway instead of the Jeep.

Today I did do something to it though. My new O2 sensor came today so I went out and sprayed some Deep Creep on the old sensor. Going to let it do it's thing over night, then tomorrow I will change it out. :D

View attachment 108831

View attachment 108830
Sister , you may have a loose bolt to the right of that on the purple people eater , I’m not sure.