What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally finished doing HF rubber mallet spare tire bumper fix. Originally got 4 and did them all up and then somehow overlooked 5th one until I took tire off to replace them. But 5th one got ,done and installed. no more sporadic squeak from tailgate on bumps.

Measure gap from tire to gate added 1/4" for sqoosh
IMG_0291.JPG

Cut hammer heads

IMG_0292.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG

Cut off handles

IMG_0297.JPG

Drilled 1/2" center bolt recess hole
drilled 3/16 bolt thru hole

IMG_0358.JPG

sanded seam line on hammer head to smoothen out a little

IMG_0360.JPG

added light coat of plasti dip to blend from sanding and seal handle wood still in head

IMG_0363.JPG

added 6mm bolts and installed. Yes, got rid of the torx screws even though these are probably the easiest ones on the whole jeep to mess with.

IMG_0357.JPG

baam a lam done.

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: matkal
Not so much to my LJ, but for my LJ.

Added some ACE Engineering door hangers to my workshop. With the 2x4's the way they are, they will hold the doors with the mirrors on and folded all the way in. At least they did on my full doors, I don't have mirrors for these half doors yet. I ran some eye screws into the wall and the bracket I made to attach the bungees to, so the doors won't swing out.

I used to hang my full doors from those brackets up higher. I left them up because I use those clamp style clothes hangers to hold my side and rear windows when I have them off. It works well. The tube looking thing is my Clover Patch windows roll.

I've had the half doors for over a year now. I figure if they are easier accessed than they were when they were in the shop attic, I'll work on them and get them fixed up : )

Had to test fit one to see how they looked. I buddy of mine said he'd paint them Khaki for me. I don't know, I might like the black.

IMG_8348.JPG

IMG_8356.JPG

IMG_8346.JPG

IMG_8347.JPG

Last edited:
I heard a bit of a squeak on my way to work this morning. Not sure if it was the hood latch or not but the electricians hooked me up with some massive heat shrink tubing I'm going to try and put over my latch anyways. Should help keep from wearing into the aluminum.

I also ordered some bestop floor mats today from amazon. Hopefully they will help keep the heat down a bit for our trip to Tahoe this coming week. I figure I'll also put a couple layers of towels down on the passenger side too under the floor mats. I really need to get the bed tred kit but I've been spending too much money on other stuff recently.

Reactions: RussTJ