What did you do to your TJ today?

I took my Jeep for its weekly winter wash. Here in Michigan the salt is a killer, so at least once a week I run the ol' girl through a car wash with under body sprayers. Tis the season.
I have not lived in the snow since I was 18 years old but I've heard over the last few years that many carwashes up north re-use water that can have road salt in it.

I have not lived in the snow since I was 18 years old but I've heard over the last few years that many carwashes up north re-use water that can have road salt in it.

Oh, yeah I hadn't ever heard that. If they do they must filter it pretty well. Salt leaves a white residue that wouldn't be missed if it was in the water. Everyone up here washes their cars and trucks throughout the winter. It's really the only thing we can do to prevent rust besides parking it.

I took my side steps off a long time ago. Didn't like how my leg would hit it getting in and out of the Jeep. It was useless for me to use to step on, I'm to tall and was just awkward trying to use it. LOL

I would like to add some sort of slider eventually, but I want it to be under the tub, not sticking out the side. If that makes sense? I just wan't something to protect the tub if I come down on a rock hard.

Check these out,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CQFVO2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Yeah that was one
I took my side steps off a long time ago. Didn't like how my leg would hit it getting in and out of the Jeep. It was useless for me to use to step on, I'm to tall and was just awkward trying to use it. LOL

I would like to add some sort of slider eventually, but I want it to be under the tub, not sticking out the side. If that makes sense? I just wan't something to protect the tub if I come down on a rock hard.
Yeah that was one of the reasons I took mine off, too. And yes, I know what you're talking about regarding the sliders. Was just talking with my dad about doing the same thing 😂

Depression has set in........ looks like a couple of days on crap weather.
20191119_170140.jpg

Reactions: jazngab
Wound up with a new WARN Zeon 10 Platinum winch. Local dealer was getting rid of all the new winches that had been on display in the shop. But still had the boxes and all paperwork and parts in the back. And full Warn warranty. Anyway I was offered way way way to good a deal to pass up. Even though my old Warn xd9000i has always been flawless. Once I get it out of the box and installed I’ll take pics. Gotta get rid of the steel cable and throw a new synthetic line on it but I already have a new spare in the garage and I’ll get it put on. It was like Christmas came early.

Wound up with a new WARN Zeon 10 Platinum winch. Local dealer was getting rid of all the new winches that had been on display in the shop. But still had the boxes and all paperwork and parts in the back. And full Warn warranty. Anyway I was offered way way way to good a deal to pass up. Even though my old Warn xd9000i has always been flawless. Once I get it out of the box and installed I’ll take pics. Gotta get rid of the steel cable and throw a new synthetic line on it but I already have a new spare in the garage and I’ll get it put on. It was like Christmas came early.
What you going to do with the xd9000i?

Yeah that was one

Yeah that was one of the reasons I took mine off, too. And yes, I know what you're talking about regarding the sliders. Was just talking with my dad about doing the same thing 😂

I got a pair of Rubicon sliders that someone had taken off and put on my Sahara. $25. Had to mount the nutserts for the additional mount points.