What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed new inner rubber boot for gear shifter. PO cut mine out at the base to allow clearance for the shifter after dropping the transfer case 1.5". I installed a DC style drive shaft and removed the drop brackets bringing everything back to factory. No more engine heat burning my ankles, less engine noise in the cab too. Cant believe this part cost nearly $140. Hope it will last a while this time.

1590511704119.png

This is going to be awesome, do you have a build thread?
Sadly...no. But I really need to. It started because of a broken piston skirt, and has become so, so much more. Mostly because it needed it, but also corona virus, because I’ve gotten paid to work from home since schools have closed (therefore a lot of time to spend working on the Jeep)!

Since COVID-19 hit: 3”Teraflex springs and shocks And rear track bar. Terraflex adjustable lower control arms. Rough Country adjustable front track bar. ProComp wheels with 33x10.5 R15 BF Goodrich KO2s. Barricade bumpers (front and rear). Infinity speakers with Kicker sub in console. GROM Bluetooth for stock deck (awesome!)

0D718212-9508-4D4C-8EA8-1B90B57215D9.jpeg

9152997E-2967-42B0-97B0-E215CACB00A3.png

Since COVID-19 hit: 3”Teraflex springs and shocks And rear track bar. Terraflex adjustable lower control arms. Rough Country adjustable front track bar. ProComp wheels with 33x10.5 R15 BF Goodrich KO2s. Barricade bumpers (front and rear). Infinity speakers with Kicker sub in console. GROM Bluetooth for stock deck (awesome!)

View attachment 164724

View attachment 164725
Go Eags

Reactions: RHP61
Got it all buttoned up about an hour ago and took it for a spin. The Aussie locker is virtually non-existent now with the 85w-140 fluid. Absolute night and day difference and I’m kind of scared now 😂 along with the new hubs it’s driving very smooth, somethings bound to go wrong. Adjusting my rear pinion angle tomorrow to correct the last of my vibrations before celebrating with an 800mi trip 😎
64616128-1EDE-442B-848E-5428903645E0.jpeg

Looking at applying the Eastwood internal coating, why the sponge through the frame? How many cans did it take?
The sponge was just to remove as much dirt and debris from inside the frame as possible before hitting it with the Eastwood. I figured that, the less of the coating I got on the dirt/mud globs on the frame and more on the actual frame itself, the better.
I used 4 cans to do the two main frame rails and the round tube in the front.
Be sure you tape off ALL of the holes in the rails except for the one you're running the paint tube through...then tape it before moving to the next hole. This stuff is messy. I put down cardboard and plastic before removing the tape and quite a bit ran out of some of them.
Lastly, do a dry run to make sure you have an access spot picked for getting to every place in the rails...the tubes that come with the paint are only about a foot and a half long, so you need to do some planning.

Reactions: Zukey14