What did you do to your TJ today?

Can you still get a USB plug into it?
Lol no maybe something small like the iPhone cables but no the regular USB ones with all the Reenforcement they add around them. I will have to replace this with a blank plate and move the connected the left so it faces the left side of the vecile which will he just fine.
IMG_1593.PNG

I just need to place it where the green arrow is instead of the link one.

Last edited:
Finally went from 33" to 35" on the tires. Also changed wheels going from 16" to 17". To accommodate the taller tires, I've ordered a set of Metalcloak high arch front fenders. I looked at additional lift but decided to change the fenders instead. I prefer keeping the lower center of gravity.
Got any before/after pics? I'd really like to see a low center of gravity lift with 35's. Also, how much lift do you have?

Man why do y'all talk about changing gears like it's child's play? It appears to be the one modification that gets messed up the most often!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, well I worked in a diff shop for almost 5 years so I have done 1 or 3000 :D

I went from the typical shitty rusty door latches, to nice freshly blackened door latches!
Some brown paper, a lot of blue tape, a fair amount of wire wheeling, and some good ol' Rustoleum Flat Black Enamel!

I feel so much better not seeing that rust now. Not perfect, but *SO* much better!

Getting masked off:
IMG_20170427_163831.jpg

Getting wire wheeled:
IMG_20170427_183345.jpg

Done!!
IMG_20170427_184340.jpg

I went from the typical shitty rusty door latches, to nice freshly blackened door latches!
Some brown paper, a lot of blue tape, a fair amount of wire wheeling, and some good ol' Rustoleum Flat Black Enamel!

I feel so much better not seeing that rust now. Not perfect, but *SO* much better!

Getting masked off:
View attachment 15127

Getting wire wheeled:
View attachment 15128

Done!!
View attachment 15129
I could only Like it so I wrote to say I Love it!

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
I could only Like it so I wrote to say I Love it!
Thanks!
It was surprisingly easy! Just making sure the masking was good took a little while, but really only took me about an hour to get both prepped and ready for paint.
Definitely worth the effort!

Reactions: BendLarry

Getting masked off:
View attachment 15127

Getting wire wheeled:
View attachment 15128

Done!!
View attachment 15129
Wow! What a difference! That came out spectacularly wrll @Ryan Thomas. My drivers door handle is pretty shitty looking, with paint chipping and the beginning's of rust. I was just going to buy a new one, but I may go your way and paint them, door handles are expensive. What did you attach the wire wheel to? A dremel? I want to do mine is gray, how do you think that would look on a black Jeep? Thanks for the inspiration, I'm certainly going to paint mine soon.

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
Wow! What a difference! That came out spectacularly wrll @Ryan Thomas. My drivers door handle is pretty shitty looking, with paint chipping and the beginning's of rust. I was just going to buy a new one, but I may go your way and paint them, door handles are expensive. What did you attach the wire wheel to? A dremel? I want to do mine is gray, how do you think that would look on a black Jeep? Thanks for the inspiration, I'm certainly going to paint mine soon.
Just little wire brushes attached to my drill - although a dremel would probably work as well (And might also be a lot easier to manipulate!).

As for the grey on black, I think I would only do that if the flares were the same color - otherwise it would be the only stand-out grey piece. Don't really know for sure, though... I could be totally wrong, and it might look awesome! If you don't like it, it's easy enough to re-do ;)

As for the grey on black, I think I would only do that if the flares were the same color - otherwise it would be the only stand-out grey piece. Don't really know for sure, though... I could be totally wrong, and it might look awesome! If you don't like it, it's easy enough to re-do ;)
I agree. Grey door handles on a black Jeep might shout LOOK AT ME!! I AM THE DOOR HANDLE! WATCH ME WORK!! :eek: