What did you do to your TJ today?

I got ducked by @Hog.

I have a Canadian Goose upgrade planned for the next guy. It's gonna be a mess, I'm using the real bird.

Got the 03 back with the Johnny Joint. Lord I love to say "Rock Jock Johnny Joint". Especially to leaf spring YJ Trevor at O'Reilly's. I'm trying to get him to get an antique tag.

Getting a lil bit nippy On the morning drives into work here in Michigan So decided to throw the hardtop back on this morning after having the Jeep topless since June.View attachment 189171
Also in Michigan will putting my top back on soon, love that color!!!

20200901_101832.jpg

Painted the trim for the doors I got a couple days back. One of the previous owners painted it a weird gray. I used Colorbond's Chrysler Dark Slate

View attachment 189635
How easy or difficult is it to take apart the half doors and reassemble them? I’m considering replacing the loose door handle in my driver side door this winter

How easy or difficult is it to take apart the half doors and reassemble them? I’m considering replacing the loose door handle in my driver side door this winter
Not too bad. At least you don't have the window crank handle to deal with like full doors. Remove screws first then there are about 5 snap conncectors. Carefully get one of them up then the rest come up pretty easy. Try to have some extra on hand as you may break a few snap connectors but they are very easily replaced.

Since, I'm not ready to fully paint the doors yet, I only just removed the trim on these. They came off easy and no plastic things broke. However, they appear to be pretty similar to YJ half doors I previously owned. The door handles on those were very easy to remove and put back. The only hassle I faced on those were the plastic clips for the lock rods. Since they were brittle, a couple broke when I removed the interior door handles.

Reactions: jazngab
Not too bad. At least you don't have the window crank handle to deal with like full doors. Remove screws first then there are about 5 snap conncectors. Carefully get one of them up then the rest come up pretty easy. Try to have some extra on hand as you may break a few snap connectors but they are very easily replaced.
These are what I ordered after three stores locally did not have the right clip. These fit fine but bent over much easier than the stock ones if not lined up perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040CRTK8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Any recommendations for the replacement exterior door handle?
I'm stuck there also. There is a rod that connects the exterior handle to the latch mechanism inside the door. Mine is broken so the outside handle does not work on the drivers side. I can't find a replacement for the rod. My outside door handles do not appear to be stock as they are quite glossy and I dont care for that.

I saved my best one from yesterday to enter. But if it’s against pics like last month @tworley ROTM winner, I should come in a close 32nd place. Needs more mountain!
Had to laugh at the "close 32nd place" comment. LOL That is really close to where I come in when I submit a pic. :D

Installed the SpeedoDRD-J1 to calibrate the speedometer. Just disconnect the speed sensor plug on the transfer case and put this harness between the two ends. It includes about 6' of cable to get in into a spot that will not get wet etc but nothing needs to be connected on the other end. The model J-1 is what I got and it says it is for all TJ's and LJ's. I temporarily zip tied it near the transfer case to get a test drive. Works great.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=303331484038

IMG_5835.jpeg

Goes in this connector which I believe is the same for ALL TJ's

IMG_5841.jpeg

Zip tied in its temporary, unprotected spot.

IMG_5842.jpeg

These are the simple calibration directions I got off their website. I recently zeroed then recorded my trip odometer and GPS after about 70 miles to find out my trip odometer was 13.9% lower than GPS miles so I used that number for correction.

IMG_5837.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Installed the SpeedoDRD-J1 to calibrate the speedometer. Just disconnect the speed sensor plug on the transfer case and put this harness between the two ends. It includes about 6' of cable to get in into a spot that will not get wet etc but nothing needs to be connected on the other end. The model J-1 is what I got and it says it is for all TJ's and LJ's. I temporarily zip tied it near the transfer case to get a test drive. Works great.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=303331484038

View attachment 189694

Goes in this connector which I believe is the same for ALL TJ's

View attachment 189692

Zip tied in its temporary, unprotected spot.

View attachment 189693

These are the simple calibration directions I got off their website. I recently zeroed then recorded my trip odometer and GPS after about 70 miles to find out my trip odometer was 13.9% lower than GPS miles so I used that number for correction.

View attachment 189695
Thanks for that. I've been meaning to get one for 3 years for my Rubicon. I can afford that.(y)

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.