What did you do to your TJ today?

Cleaned and lubricated the tailgate latch mechanism...it now locks like it should. :cool:

Also took the opportunity to remove and clean up the mess that was the original spare tire.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Wiped off all the Back to Black that run down my paintwork and windows after a heavy rainstorm, nobody told me not to use it on the hard top lol looked real good and I was impressed until it rained :)

• Face Palm
Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Recently did the new dead pedal in my 06, which I love in an automatic....@Chris may be hooking me up with some seat covers for it, because I stupidly let my extra set go with my last buy/sell project, new Weathertechs on the way for my '03, The '03's Rugged Ridge mats go to the RinoCon, the 'ol TJ shuffle.

Took the wife and '03 with the bikes to the Chief Ladiga Trail in Piedmont , Al...we got rained out. We enjoyed bopping around , shopping, just spending time together.

I'm parked next to a 4 door by a fence , the angled parking lines left a triangle open...I declare the TJ Wrangler is King of parking.

Sound/Heat proofing really is worth the investment if you want a more refined cabin environment, as a side note.

I really like the combination of a hardtop, Bartacts, heated seats, sound proofing, and back up camera in this TJ.

I'm actually at the point I don't won't to add/change much on the 03. Better headlights should be highest on my list . Thinking on that.

I would have put them to good use. I will be ordering the others in a week or so. Just had to have one quick.
Man I know..I saw your post recently about a blown shock bushing. I'll be more careful in the future.

I keep a few parts around, or try to keep my eyes open for things... hit me if you ever need to. @Hog can find anything at a deal. I doubt anyone has done as much for the money as him.

• Love
Reactions: John Cooper
Man I know..I saw your post recently about a blown shock bushing. I'll be more careful in the future.

I keep a few parts around, or try to keep my eyes open for things... hit me if you ever need to. @Hog can find anything at a deal. I doubt anyone has done as much for the money as him.
Thanks bud!! Whats funny is orileys with my military discount is cheaper than anywhere I found online!!!

Put gas in it. Refreshed the rear tail light covers with Meguiar's back to black spray after washing them and drying them. Look new

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
LJ threw a code a few weeks ago and just got a chance to work on it today (almost 70° F in Maine in November woot). Started off attempting to replace the Camshaft position sensor. Only took me two hours to get it off. Those little bolts had rusted into two smooth little humps.

Hopefully will get the replacement finished tomorrow. Then the crankshaft position sensor.

PXL_20201107_191942275.jpg

Armor All has a new long lasting trim restorer at Wal Mart, 11.97 for 8 oz, so it kills Wipe Renew possibly ($14 for 3 oz.)

Going to try it tomorrow, wipe on, let penetrate 5 minutes, and wipe off excess. Sounds easy enough.

They claim it lasts 100 automatic car washes, usually that means about one hand wash in my book.

If it last 1/3 that, it will be a good value.

Gonna try tomorrow and see if Armor All is back in the game.

I declare 303 Performs like Armor All used to. Seems I can't tell I even used standard Armor All these days. Gave up on it.

Will report in.

Reactions: randy328
Armor All has a new long lasting trim restorer at Wal Mart, 11.97 for 8 oz, so it kills Wipe Renew possibly ($14 for 3 oz.)

Going to try it tomorrow, wipe on, let penetrate 5 minutes, and wipe off excess. Sounds easy enough.

They claim it lasts 100 automatic car washes, usually that means about one hand wash in my book.

Will report in.
I will be waiting for your "after 5 heavy rains/washes" review on it. I bought the Meguiar's Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer (wax for plastic) on closeout for $ 4 a bottle. It claims the same 100 washes. 2-3 heavy rains all but removes it. The only upside is that it's not greasy like the old Armor All.

Last edited:

If it last 1/3 that, it will be a good value.

Gonna try tomorrow and see if Armor All is back in the game.

I declare 303 Performs like Armor All used to. Seems I can't tell I even used standard Armor All these days. Gave up on it.

Will report in.

Replaced the passenger side front u-joint. Watching videos didn't prepare me for how much a pain that was to do without a press.

Ended up using a tie rod press and a 3lb mallet to remove the old u-joint. Install was, in the end, easier once I got my s#!t together and figured out the easiest way to reassemble.

The old joint had a real problem. This is one of the bearing caps, it was completely dry and the bearings were gone.
PXL_20201108_023752334.jpg

yesterday my new Noco Genius 2 charger/trickle charger arrived so I hooked it up, cranking starts to slow down this time every year as the weather turns colder & the TJ sits for much longer stretches without running. It has a setting for AGM batteries, hope this helps, I'll know soon enough, going to start it for the first time in a week in another couple hours when the girlfriend arrives for a Sunday drive through the country

Noco.jpg