What did you do to your TJ today?

AW C'MON, FAIR SUCK OF THE SAV, MATE!​

"Fair suck of the sav" is an Australian slang phrase that basically means "You've got to be kidding!"
Being a multi-purpose phrase is can convey an attitude of unbelief , awe, wonder or even exasperation or frustration. The phrase 'fair suck of the sav' is like 'fair suck of the sausage', 'fair shake of the sausage' and similar Australian sayings meaning basically the same thing.
Some believe that 'sav' is a reference to the wine Cabernet Sauvignon which is often shortened to 'cab sav' . Either way the shortand really has nothing to do with the emotion being expressed in the sayings.
This leads to another explanation and variation 'fair suck of the sauce' or 'fair suck of the sauce bottle' whereby any bottle of alcohol liquor is often called a sauce bottle. This saying can often mean '‘fair go’ in that it expresses a keen sense of injustice - 'fair suck of the sauce bottle, mate, I’m only asking for a loan till payday!'

It is widely believed though, that the "sav" part of the phrase refers to a saveloy (a type of meat sausage) and that at some stage ‘saveloy’ or ‘sav’ was substituted for ‘sauce bottle’. The phrase ‘fair crack of the whip’ has the same meaning.

Whatever the saying, the phrase often means that you think a person’s comments or ideas are a bit ridiculous, a bit extreme, or even mildly untruthful. The Urban Dictionary gives this example...
Man 1:

"Pie and sauce thanks mate"
Man 2:

"That'll be seven bucks"
Man 1:

"Fair suck of the sav!"
Google is too new! a Sav is an Australian/ English frankfurter , the mini cocktail ones used to be called "little boys" lol fair suck of the red sausage and nothing to do with wine lol
This is where Hotdog mufflers got there name, they look like an Aussie Sav or hotdog.

Now Fair Suck of the sauce is another old saying derived from passing the "plonk" bottle around :)

franks.jpg

Ht Dog Muff.jpg

Savs.jpg

97 TJ newish to me...pulled the exhaust, 231 transfer case and almost got the transmission out...had to run to town to get some reverse torx sockets...and the closest HF was out of stock. Got one out...the other wouldn't budge...the 500 ft lbs Makita impact wouldn't either...tried heat...kroils...break free...went for the 1250 ft lbs impact and shredded the head. Carbide bit took the rest off...but still not budging. Got a little gap...have a ratchet strap pulling back hard to the axle and maybe it pops free tonight.

Once it's out...Luk clutch, different throw out bearing, might grab a new fly wheel, starter doesn't have a ground cable to the battery...oil pan seal, rear main...dissect the 231 and install a SYE...cut out the failed nutserts spinning in the frame... trying to decide if I want to put the shovel back or fab or buy a cross member.

-Mac

These things are worse than Harley's, cant go a day without doing something when nothing needs doing!
Anyway pissing down in Perth so I fitted a roll bar flashlight multi tool.
Torch, downlight, emergency red beacon, seatbelt cutter, window breaker, magnetic base, magnetic side and a cool extendable telescopic magnet pickeruper thing. lol

FL1.jpg

FL2.jpg

View attachment 267398
New shocks on the front. Not looking forward to the back, although I didn't have any frozen up bolts on the fronts. Previous shocks were the OEMs, they had the Chrysler Pentastar on them.

I know the boots aren't particularly liked here, but I figured I'd give them a try and see what happens.
Those are really red. I was momentarily blinded by them....:)

Last edited:
View attachment 267398
New shocks on the front. Not looking forward to the back, although I didn't have any frozen up bolts on the fronts. Previous shocks were the OEMs, they had the Chrysler Pentastar on them.

I know the boots aren't particularly liked here, but I figured I'd give them a try and see what happens.
All ya need now is some yellow or Blue springs! Plenty plenty rainbow TJ,s on here. Me I am a blue person, Not my jeep Me! lol

Reactions: Blondie70
Started installing my flat fenders yesterday. What a PITA! The instructions sucked and trying to get 4 bolts that bolt up the frame of the ABS pump bracket was terrible due to what I believe the plate steel on the fender not being line up close enough. Had to remove more sheet metal than I would have liked, used longer bolts to pull it in tight, and then put the correct bolts in one at a time. Now I just have to clearance the ABS mount plate so it will go back in. Can't imagine the passenger side being as much trouble, but we'll see. First part I got for this from Amazon that actually gave me fits, so I can't complain to much. You do get what you pay for, but I don't mind making things fit.
13.jpg
12.jpg
14.jpg

Saw this gem on the way to Mississippi this morning! I did nothing to my TJ except frown as I left it at 4am!

View attachment 267493
Every time I see one of these, the same two thoughts always occur to me. First, these were, and still are, incredibly unique and capable vehicles. Second, they won a war on 6.00 - 16 (28") tires and we complain our 33" or 35" tires aren't big enough. That is why they are the "greatest" generation, and we are not! 🇺🇸