What did you do to your TJ today?

I didn't do anything "to" my TJ today, but I spent over an hour on hold with 4WP checking where the other 2 boxes of my rockjock lift are. They didn't know, claimed it all shipped together. But via 1 tracking number? Nah, UPS don't do that mess. Sent photos of what I *do* have, the box showing "one of 3" written on it, and tracking sticker, and let them know I'm missing the springs and all 8 control arms. That was almost 5hrs ago and no response from them yet.

Woo.

Not today, but yesterdayā€¦
I soldered some loose speaker wires that were cutting out and ditched the Z link for a transfer case shift cable. I went with B&M because they offer a very reasonably priced kit.

Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'
198BFB5F-12EC-46B6-A0F0-442E3FAA0B5A.jpeg
Installed my back up camera for my Sony XAV5500 and ordered up some Rancho 5000xā€™s, an Anti-Rock and some Weathertechs.

Happy to report that my TJs vibration is finally fixed. Turned out to be a bad alignment. After 2 trips to a "specialized" shop, I decided to do it myself following @Jerry Bransford post. Turned out that toe in was messed up. It took me less than an hr to fix it and get rid of the vibration.

The morale of the story: "Do not pay a clueless mechanic to do what this clueless mechanic can do"...

I also installed one, but I got the one with the short nipple. I also dabbed it with black paint to make it less noticeable.
You are way more ambitious than I am. Just checked and there is one small drip on the bottom of the bell housing. but nothing by the drain plug which is better than the stock plug that always leaked a tad.

Reactions: John Cooper
Sometimes a venue like this will have a performer show up at an off time just to try them out and see what they're all about. I had that happen once when I approached a restaurant about being their house dancer (I got the gig).

Serious questionā€¦. Whatā€™s a ā€™ house dancerā€™?

Yes you need to put paper down all along the frame,if you have no rust holes it will only leak out of you 4 new drain holes
Ruh Roh

Four new drain holes? I did only two in front of the rear control arm mounts. Where are the other two typically placed?

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
Serious questionā€¦. Whatā€™s a ā€™ house dancerā€™?

Ruh Roh

Four new drain holes? I did only two in front of the rear control arm mounts. Where are the other two typically placed?
I believe a 'House Dancer' accompanies the fiddler on the roof .... Both don't do your roof tiles any good though ;)

I drove through a small smarm of wasps... had the windows down and half a dozen ended up on the back window...You have never seen a TJ stop soooo fast and the occupants flee the Jeep so quick.
( I hate Wasps....lil buggers!! )

My Jeep is done ! Well last friday really.
200.gif

Bad news is, my job is getting in the way of picking it up in a timely manner. Wanted to get it today but worked 14 hours. Was no way I wanted to drive it at 45mph from Mesa out to Laveen by way of surface streets. Not a rush hour.