What did you do WITH your TJ today?

Bought another one yesterday. 97 SE with a bad ecm. It’s a super clean Jeep with zero rust so now I’ve gotta figure out if I’m gonna fix it and sell it or part it out. No 5v signal coming out of the computer but it drove on the trailer with a usb charger wired into the sensor signal wire 😂😂.
IMG_7191.jpeg

Snow?!! In Arizona??
Shhh, don't tell everyone that it's photoshop

The guy playing with the RC actually sparked a good conversation about noise because he said he didn't even hear me coming, and I got to talk about how I was on my 3rd fan clutch before finally finding one what wasn't too loud. 🤣
Which fan clutch did you end up going with? I replaced mine with the water pump when I had my block apart, but it sounds like a freight train now

• Love
Reactions: RINC
Shhh, don't tell everyone that it's photoshop

Which fan clutch did you end up going with? I replaced mine with the water pump when I had my block apart, but it sounds like a freight train now

US Motor Works 22160. I tried Hayden 2771 and 2791 and both seemed to be engaged a lot more often than they need to be.

Reactions: IrishWake
Well, we got some snow in the PNW, so the 1st thing to do was get my 15yo daughter out to learn how to drive in it properly and learn the most important skill......doughnuts!
8cf8m8.gif

The next day I met up with my other daughter and some of her friends out in the woods to find somewhere remote to get stuck in the snow. Success!
This little TJ with 31" tires and a front lunchbox never fails to impress me. We had so much fun, and I kept up with some much bigger trucks.

IMG_20240115_083857.jpg

PXL_20240114_222455682.jpg

PXL_20240114_212419801.jpg

Last edited:
Drove it 250 miles round trip to pick up a wall fountain:
DSC02688.JPG

DSC02689.JPG

I can now tell those who want to tow big/heavy trailers with their TJ: "Don't". Estimated weight of trailer and cargo is about 900 lbs, and I could feel it back there. I think the rated 2,000 lbs would be "pushing it". The driveline is fine, engine/transmission could pull 5,000 lbs or more I'm sure - plenty of power. But the suspension and brakes wouldn't be up to the task. I've pulled various trailers of various sizes with various tow rigs my entire life - trailers were "in the family" so to speak, so I have some experience. Although this was "just fine", nonetheless I could feel the trailer pushing the Jeep around and there was one occasion where the trailer indicated that it would like to swap ends - it didn't, and I don't think it would have - but anyone who has towed very much knows how that feels (a sickening squirmy feeling at the base of the driver's back), and it was there. At a bit less than half the rated 2,000 lb capacity. Brakes were only "Ok" as well, it took a noticeable amount more than the usual force at the pedal to stop the thing. Needless to say, I was very careful driving it!

I suspect that at least some of the situation was exacerbated by the Jeep's coil springs - I've ever only driven rigs with leafs in the rear before this.

View attachment 498573

View attachment 498574

I can now tell those who want to tow big/heavy trailers with their TJ: "Don't". Estimated weight of trailer and cargo is about 900 lbs, and I could feel it back there. I think the rated 2,000 lbs would be "pushing it". The driveline is fine, engine/transmission could pull 5,000 lbs or more I'm sure - plenty of power. But the suspension and brakes wouldn't be up to the task. I've pulled various trailers of various sizes with various tow rigs my entire life - trailers were "in the family" so to speak, so I have some experience. Although this was "just fine", nonetheless I could feel the trailer pushing the Jeep around and there was one occasion where the trailer indicated that it would like to swap ends - it didn't, and I don't think it would have - but anyone who has towed very much knows how that feels (a sickening squirmy feeling at the base of the driver's back), and it was there. At a bit less than half the rated 2,000 lb capacity. Brakes were only "Ok" as well, it took a noticeable amount more than the usual force at the pedal to stop the thing. Needless to say, I was very careful driving it!

I suspect that at least some of the situation was exacerbated by the Jeep's coil springs - I've ever only driven rigs with leafs in the rear before this.
"Wall fountain" AKA Roman urinal.

View attachment 498573

View attachment 498574

TL:DR if you need a driver. Call me.

Went for a little ride to some local power lines. Unfortunately all the snow and rain lately meant everything was muddy. So now what I did WITH my TJ will mean I have to do something TO my TJ.

The color looks so different in this picture.
View attachment 503224

I love that color. I'm partial to blues anyway, but it probably also has something to do with the fact I've never seen that color on a TJ in person.