What do we do for hobbies?

Before my motorcycle accident in 2008 I had a lot of hobbies:
Building and driving both oval and drag race cars
Bowling - competed nationally and in regional PBA events
Detailing cars
Motorcycles
RVs - had class As, class Cs and a couple travel trailers

After/since the accident due to orthopaedic challenges and age my hobbies are much more sedate:
Building computers
Video games - very much into online golf - if that interests you google “the Golf Club” and “TGCTours”
Home theater - put together a 5.2.4 system in my office and a 7.2 system in my living room. Have roughly 500 movies and 50 tv series on blu ray and DVD
Messing around with my cars and my Jeep - just need to do things a little at a time

Hobbies I want to get into:
Wheeling/overlanding - no rock crawling or super intense wheeling except as a recovery vehicle
Golf - real golf. I suck so bad at it. I need lessons and practice but don’t have the time or room in the budget with my other hobbies - more so when I retire in 9 years

871700F6-6CF9-43BD-8760-025068F45D51.jpeg
734B1A71-BBA3-4FF1-88D9-2DDF67B4F222.jpeg
I love off road racing

Anything Outdoor really......used to parachute jump now I only Bungy Jump.....Love adrenaline and adventure.
Love adrenaline and adventure huh? Kiwi I know you've done it all, crazy as you are, how about (raising the bar) this one for a change? you can venture all the way to Yap Island. If you do (I know you will) don't forget to wear your pilot gear, and bring the parachute please.
th?id=OIP.L2Bd3xhm1VoWnw4X-a73OAHaFz&pid=15.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Love adrenaline and adventure huh? Kiwi I know you've done it all, crazy as you are, how about (raising the bar) this one for a change? you can venture all the way to Yap Island. If you do (I know you will) don't forget to wear your pilot gear, and bring the parachute please.
View attachment 45997
you know Ive actually always wanted to try that.....no really I have lol

-Running - I log about 2500 miles a year
-Golf - something I've done since I was 3
-Working on golf clubs - I like to take clubs apart and reshaft, regrip, bend, etc.
-Chasing my daughters and trying to keep up with their endless activities/sports

I appreciate that, and all those who served and especially those who laid down their lives for our freedom, and their families who live without them each day so we can live with those we love.
Around the corner in my neighborhood, we had one of the last survivors of Iwo Jima. A USMC Vet. named Vic. The stories that he told would make you shiver and cry at the same time. He was very proud to serve his country and he didn't have any bad feelings post war. The two vehicles he and his wife drove were a late 60's VW Bug and a '71 Toyota Land Cruiser. Well used and lovingly cared for.
At our annual neighborhood potlucks, him and I would start to talk about Land Cruisers, I had a '73 at that time. Every once in a while he would let slip a "the Japs this or the Japs that", and his wife would always tell him to stop it. He would look at me and say, sorry Steve. Since I'm half Japanese, I always told him, don't worry about Vic, you grew up in a different time.
I stopped taking offense to it when I was in Elementary School because my Dad (USMC Vet) told me that if I didn't like it, do something about it. So sometimes you gain respect through physical contact on the playground. And then become friends.
Sadly he passed away a few years ago. And I think that the whole neighborhood went to service.
Rest In Peace Vic M.

Reactions: Scott B. and JMT
:watchout: .... :confused:<<< me looking at you with fascination.
haha...the whole 'shoot me from a cannon' sounds great however I believe doing it a few times will compress your spine and make you shorter...I cant afford to get any shorter haha