What do we do for hobbies?

Is that pic of Lost Maples in TX? I've been there. We're about 1 1/2 hrs away. Love to try to go in Oct when the leaves are changing. Lots of re-enactments here in Fredericksburg at the Nimitz Museum. You probably know this if your close by...I know some folks that do it, though, if you want to get in I could see what I can do. Once in Doss, at a friends ranch, they had a re-enactment of Mt Suribachi and the Battle of Iwo-Jima. Oliver North came out. It was crazy. They had 70mm tanks, the whole side of the hill was on fire. REAL Japs came over for the re-enactment. It was awesome. It's been about 7 years and I can still tell when I drive by that hill in Doss...

Yes!

Wow, I have never even thought about the possibility of an Iwo Jima reenactment. That was literally gotta be one of the coolest things you've ever seen?

I forgot that they reenact at Fredericksburg - I'll look up the Nimitz Museum website and look when they have them. Thanks!

Reactions: Chris
Is that pic of Lost Maples in TX? I've been there. We're about 1 1/2 hrs away. Love to try to go in Oct when the leaves are changing. Lots of re-enactments here in Fredericksburg at the Nimitz Museum. You probably know this if your close by...I know some folks that do it, though, if you want to get in I could see what I can do. Once in Doss, at a friends ranch, they had a re-enactment of Mt Suribachi and the Battle of Iwo-Jima. Oliver North came out. It was crazy. They had 70mm tanks, the whole side of the hill was on fire. REAL Japs came over for the re-enactment. It was awesome. It's been about 7 years and I can still tell when I drive by that hill in Doss...

Whaaaa!? Is there video footage of this?

Whaaaa!? Is there video footage of this?

I just searched for some on youtube. Didn't find anything. Lots of original footage. But check this out, lots of pics from the re-enactment that day. Some are pretty awesome (tanks, flame throwers, explosions). And it was 12 years ago, not 7, my how time flies...It was the 60th anniversary. Oh, and yes, the Japs lost again. Thank God! Wake up America!

http://www.pbase.com/vernix/iwo_jima_doss_texas&page=all

I just searched for some on youtube. Didn't find anything. Lots of original footage. But check this out, lots of pics from the re-enactment that day. Some are pretty awesome (tanks, flame throwers, explosions). And it was 12 years ago, not 7, my how time flies...It was the 60th anniversary. Oh, and yes, the Japs lost again. Thank God! Wake up America!

http://www.pbase.com/vernix/iwo_jima_doss_texas&page=all

Wow, that is really cool! I'm a big WWII history buff, so I can greatly appreciate anything like this.

Wow, that is really cool! I'm a big WWII history buff, so I can greatly appreciate anything like this.
I appreciate that, and all those who served and especially those who laid down their lives for our freedom, and their families who live without them each day so we can live with those we love.

Reactions: Chris
Airsoft, cycling, skating, climbing, computer games. I like to tinker and mod just about anything I buy or get into.
IMG_0158.JPG

Airsoft. I would be in a lot of trouble if they were real. Our replicars don't need to have painted red tips or red flashhiders though.

That's what I thought! Still, those things look so darn real, it would be easy to mistake them for the real thing.

I have a few hobbies besides tinkering on my TJ. I collect and listen to vinyl records, guns, bows, sports, used to play rugby (my body does not heal as quickly as when I was 20), camp, fishing, and playing with my Irish Wolfhound puppies. My fiancé likes to show our female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update....I guess I'm back into MX and Harescrambles/GP's. I'll probably pick up another MTB too to help with fitness. Have to do something to work my heart/cardio. Sitting at a desk and in my vehicle do not help anything at 48 years old (at least that's the excuse I gave her).

20170406_113726_zpsk8crvujb.jpg

Last edited:
Anything Outdoor really...Mountain bike, Rock climbing ,Hiking (although that been on hold since my eldest tore her ACL....by summer she'll be good to go again though) Love American custom/classic cars..(Hot rods, lead sleds, Mopar) Love to sketch and draw...used to parachute jump now I only Bungy Jump.....Love adrenaline and adventure.

Ive always enjoyed shooting trap. Haven't done it for the last few years though. My motorcycle is always a blast, though my passion isnt what it once was, I dont think I will ever get rid of it. My jeep is my biggest hobby, the other day my wife asked me "how much do you think you have spent on your jeep?" That was a hard question to get out of....

Ive always enjoyed shooting trap. Haven't done it for the last few years though. My motorcycle is always a blast, though my passion isnt what it once was, I dont think I will ever get rid of it. My jeep is my biggest hobby, the other day my wife asked me "how much do you think you have spent on your jeep?" That was a hard question to get out of....
My wife knows better and probably does not want to know.