What do we do for hobbies?

Love to BBQ on my WSM smoker. Recommend it to anyone looking to get into smoking ribs, pork shoulder, brisket... it does an awesome job on all of it. Like the manual aspect of it, learn something new each cook, just like working on the TJ.
0826a9a0980be338171467ca86137523.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Around the corner in my neighborhood, we had one of the last survivors of Iwo Jima. A USMC Vet. named Vic. The stories that he told would make you shiver and cry at the same time. He was very proud to serve his country and he didn't have any bad feelings post war. The two vehicles he and his wife drove were a late 60's VW Bug and a '71 Toyota Land Cruiser. Well used and lovingly cared for.
At our annual neighborhood potlucks, him and I would start to talk about Land Cruisers, I had a '73 at that time. Every once in a while he would let slip a "the Japs this or the Japs that", and his wife would always tell him to stop it. He would look at me and say, sorry Steve. Since I'm half Japanese, I always told him, don't worry about Vic, you grew up in a different time.
I stopped taking offense to it when I was in Elementary School because my Dad (USMC Vet) told me that if I didn't like it, do something about it. So sometimes you gain respect through physical contact on the playground. And then become friends.
Sadly he passed away a few years ago. And I think that the whole neighborhood went to service.
Rest In Peace Vic M.
Responding to @alittleoff. When I married and bought my first house in my 20’s I had a neighbor named Bill. He was a WW2 Navy vet that had served on the USS Bunker Hill. A kamikaze pilot hit the ship off of Okinawa and Bill and the other guys in the engine room were sealed off for three days as they attempted to save the ship. He told me at the start of the war he attempted to enlist but was turned away by all branches of the service cause he was so small. A Navy recruiter took pity on him and told Bill that if he got his weight over 100 lbs the Navy would take him and that’s how he got in. He was a good man and neighbor. He passed away years ago but was the first on the street to welcome us. He loved his family and a simple life. I sure miss him. RIP Bill.