What do you think the TJ should have come with from the factory (that you added on later) ?

That is funny actually. I currently live in Chicago for college and plan on moving to Colorado as soon as I graduate in a few years. I can't stand living in the city right now (and there isn't really anywhere to go wheeling around here!).
Ukrainian Village until summer of 07. It took me a few years to figure out the benefits of a Jeep out here.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
That is funny actually. I currently live in Chicago for college and plan on moving to Colorado as soon as I graduate in a few years. I can't stand living in the city right now (and there isn't really anywhere to go wheeling around here!).
Agree with you the city (any) I am 40 minutes outside of New York City and avoid it like the plague! I can't wait to retire to either NH, NC or TN....still need to see where kids end up and do some research.

Agree with you the city (any) I am 40 minutes outside of New York City and avoid it like the plague! I can't wait to retire to either NH, NC or TN....still need to see where kids end up and do some research.

I'm completely spoiled because I spent my high school years in Wyoming. No lack of places to go wheeling out there. I used to go find completely new places after school if I wanted to. Miss those days....

Of all my issues over the years, I’ve never been upset about power. The 4.0L isn’t going to win any races, but it’s always been more than sufficient to pull its own weight.
I never really felt the need, until I went over 35s. Now on 37s I really feel the need.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: Daryl
I'm completely spoiled because I spent my high school years in Wyoming. No lack of places to go wheeling out there. I used to go find completely new places after school if I wanted to. Miss those days....
Evanston is the opposite of Idaho. Only I-94 to get out of the city. then there is the lake on the east with no use, not even for boating.

Evanston is the opposite of Idaho. Only I-94 to get out of the city. then there is the lake on the east with no use, not even for boating.

I can live with Evanston for a few years because I'm always busy with college here. If I had to live here without constant schoolwork and thousands of people my age, I'd probably end up jumping in that lake...

Yeah, and then there is like a horizontal bar stacked up hat shows how hot if it's all lit, then you need to push the button once every bar to lower it down.

Unplug the power to the elements in the seats if you never use them? Idk I would have probably tried that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That lake by Evanston is gross by the way compared to Idaho snake river.

I used to live on the Snake. I lived on the border of Idaho and Wyoming. Though, I don't think the water is too too bad near Evanston at least. I have no problem going in. But I will admit the Snake had pristine water.

Sorry for derailing by the way...

If you are a Texan, there is no world outside of Texas. ;)
Funny. I did a project in Friona, TX and the company kid who was assigned to assist was born and raised in TX and referred to it as God's country and wouldn't want to live any where else in the world! I asked him where else he had traveled and he replied "I got married in Dallas"

Funny. I did a project in Friona, TX and the company kid who was assigned to assist was born and raised in TX and referred to it as God's country and wouldn't want to live any where else in the world! I asked him where else he had traveled and he replied "I got married in Dallas"
Friona? That is a rough bone-dry dusty place. You gotta be a tough dude to live there. I don't blame him escaping to Dallas :) Friona is equivalent of the small town Hugo, Colorado.

Last edited:
Reactions: KMG
Friona? That is a rough bone-dry dusty place. You gotta be a tough dude to live there. I don't blame him escaping to Dallas :) Friona is equivalent of the small town Hugo, Colorado.
friona is terrible i grew up right up the road from there. i love texas but i dont think ill ever live there again.

Cable shifter: They put a cable shifter in the JK, the plastic clip that holds it in or the plastic bushings on the end fail and it stops shifting.

Sealed beam headlights: they went to a non-sealed beam unit on the JK, the optics were so bad the stock lights on my LJ were significantly better. In fact the jk fog lights were better than the high beam.

Higher fenders: they did this on the JK (stock it will take 33s if they aren't wide) but they held them on with plastic clips that snap when you look at em funny

Tummy tuck: they brought everything higher but used a trans crossmember made of tinfoil that gets bent out of shape it it comes within several feet of a rock. They also used a T-bar of plate about an inch wide and called it a transmission skid because when they had a slightly larger (I own larger frying pans) skid the trans would overheat.

Consensus: You should never expect the factory to get the upgrades you want correct.

What do I want? And option for more power and the drive train to stand up to it.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Thanks for sharing the JK details. Most of those issues sound like because of poor implementation rather than poor choice (cost cutting? Indifference? Who knows). Do you know if some of these were early issues and later model year JKs and this year's JL have these issues sorted out? I remember reading someplace that JW Speaker makes the headlights for JK models; thought they have a great reputation, no?

The best thing about Jeep aftermarket if that they can be better than factory (like Currie and Savvy for experience). Depending on what you can afford, there are always many options, which is never a bad thing.