What else to do while doing brake job?

Bushfamily5

Think I will do brakes on my 04 next weekend. I run 33” tires and yes, will use Black Magic pads

My question is if there is anything else that’s an automatic to address/change while I am in that area??

thank you

Well, it’s 16 years old...rear drum brakes could probably use a good cleaning and possibly a new hardware kit. If you haven’t flushed the brake fluid in some time, I do it every few years. If your still looking for more, my brake calipers locked up and wheel cylinders went at 17 years...so give them a good look.

Reactions: SvtLdr
If you haven't done them yet, as the BM brake instructions state, FLUSH the old fluid out. Fresh fluid i

I concur with this as well, the TJ doesn't have the best seals on the braking system, and especially here in S. FL the fluid should be flushed each year... I have a hard time keeping the fluid clear with all the humidity contaminating it.

Oh, and detail your wheels... very easy to do when they are just laying there. clean up and inspect the rest of your suspension/steering while there too...

Do a good inspection on the calipers. Clean up / grease the slide pins, clean up the piston & make sure it collapses smoothly. Flush the brake fluid, check for freeplay on your hubs. Install a locker, add on-board air, & an angry eye grille.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
Do a good inspection on the calipers. Clean up / grease the slide pins, clean up the piston & make sure it collapses smoothly. Flush the brake fluid, check for freeplay on your hubs. Install a locker, add on-board air, & an angry eye grille.
Slippery slope argument, but sounds tempting.