What other projects are you working on?

It looks like I won't be doing any projects for a while.
zLGUxXll.jpg

I had a spectacular crash roller skate racing with the twenty somethings and broke my ankle. I was leading and ended up with a DNF.

It looks like I won't be doing any projects for a while.
View attachment 499135

I had a spectacular crash roller skate racing with the twenty somethings and broke my ankle. I was leading and ended up with a DNF.

Damn that antiquated equipment!
*I meant the roller-skates, @Cheesy, not you...;)

1707502568671.png

1707502713322.png

1707502789531.png

Reactions: RINC and Cheesy
My inlines are 30 years old, so I guess that qualifies. They should have done a better job of supporting my ankle, but...30 years old.

It was all said in fun, my friend, I assure you. I trip on the "flat spot" in the carpet, so I have great respect for your willingness to get out there on skates. ;)

I've been telling people that I am the oldest 20 something they'll ever meet. Apparently, I break like an old phart. I've had about 50 stitches in my life, but this is my first broken bone.

Reactions: RINC and Squatch
The most dreaded "Project" of every year, although it really only takes about 3 hours - get everything ready for the tax accountant:
DSC02691.JPG

The most dreaded "Project" of every year, although it really only takes about 3 hours - get everything ready for the tax accountant:
View attachment 499935

Pfffftt! you can't see what type of table I'm using... or the floor around it. Rookie!

Actually, I've done a good job of getting most of it in electronic format these days. It's just that my wife only wants to review it after I print it all out.

Reactions: Zorba
Pfffftt! you can't see what type of table I'm using... or the floor around it. Rookie!

Actually, I've done a good job of getting most of it in electronic format these days. It's just that my wife only wants to review it after I print it all out.

Not seen in the foreground is the shred pile! I over heated the shredder twice - the 2nd time I said hell with it and waited until the next morning.

• Haha
Reactions: Rooscooter
Got the 2nd bathroom fan roof jack installed (left):
DSC02693.JPG

In foreground:
DSC02694.JPG

Had to replace a bit of the shingles on this one. Color doesn't match - don't care as its out of sight from the ground anyway. Now I just have to finish up with the fan install in the ceiling.

Reactions: Squatch
Bones heal quickly its the ligaments and tendons that take forever to heal. Any hardware in there?

Well, that escalated quickly. The fibula shifted (owowowowow) and now I'm scheduled for surgery on Monday to get that extra hardware, a plate and a few extra screws. I'm already 2 weeks into what was to be a 6 week recovery. That's been bumped out 8 to 10 weeks. I guess I'll just be breaking in the new furniture that Mrs.Cheesy bought.

Well, that escalated quickly. The fibula shifted (owowowowow) and now I'm scheduled for surgery on Monday to get that extra hardware, a plate and a few extra screws. I'm already 2 weeks into what was to be a 6 week recovery. That's been bumped out 8 to 10 weeks. I guess I'll just be breaking in the new furniture that Mrs.Cheesy bought.

On the bright side (albeit a "dimly-it bulb" kind of bright), at least you're not laid-up during the summer months. Grasping at a positive perspective, here...

Reactions: Cheesy
Broke one of the “Omega Springs” on a Benchmade and finally got around to replacing it. The recommended Etsy springs are way stiffer and unless they loosen up, I’ll need to get OEM.

IMG_0813.jpeg

Reactions: Shank and Cheesy

Sucks getting old. MIL 92 just broke her other hip and and has moderate dementia making her recovery routine challenging. I hope you have a good Medicare plan. I wish you a speedy recovery.

As I can't get to either the Man Cave or the basement, I'm stuck futzing with stuff on the dining room table. Today was replacing the charging port on Mrs.Cheesy's laptop. It's located on the lower left of the motherboard.
eTf7xyRl.jpg

The replacement is to the right of the board, next to the little screwdriver.

This is what my foot looks like after surgery on Monday.
KaQ8hxYl.jpg

Five screws and a plate. I guess I tore the Deltoid ligament, too, and that also got fixed. I have no clue on how many stitches I have. I'm stuck in the soft cast until the 12th. I'll graduate to either the smelly boot or a hard cast, and then to the smelly boot. Probably mid May before I'm back to a semblance of normal.

I have been able to get out to the Man Cave on my knee scooter. I'm finding that it takes twice as long to do anything remotely simple. I've been able to phart around setting up the lathe. I got it bolted to the bench, shimmed the babbitt bearings on the main shaft and put on new belts. Yesterday, I was checking to see if the bearings were over heating when the damn thing started shaking. The drive pulley flange came flying out.
J84Y4Qyl.jpg

I don't know if the belt was too tight, out of line, or a bad pulley. Heading to ACE in a bit with my $5 b'day coupon for a new pulley.

Here's a copy of the first page of the patent that shows the 'Compound Drive'.
o2dMzIJl.jpg

I have a reprint of the operators manual but the second page of the patent gives a much better explanation on how that 'Compound Drive' works.