What other projects are you working on?

I quite like the US General/Yukon/ICON stuff from HB when it comes to their storage. Got a good deal on a wood top roller a year or so ago, been really helpful keeping the garage somewhat intact. I just have to train myself to put the tools back...

Reactions: Mike_H and Cheesy
I quite like the US General/Yukon/ICON stuff from HB when it comes to their storage. Got a good deal on a wood top roller a year or so ago, been really helpful keeping the garage somewhat intact. I just have to train myself to put the tools back...

I’ve also got one of their 46” rollers and that cart is a beast. For a guy who just wants a decent tool box at a good price, it’s hard to beat them.

Reactions: AndyG
Prepping for a kitchen makeover. The cabinets are going to be painted a shade of green. Not looking forward to redoing these, but its our project for April. These will be
1. Degreased with TSP and a sponge
1a. Maybe a grain filler, I have a feeling she'll want it...
2. Primed with Zinsser Bull's Eye 123
3. A light sand (220 maybe?)
4. Painted.

I think I am going to spend the money and get a grayco or wagner sprayer. Any recommendations?

My wife likes the bottom right shade of green. The ceiling mounted cabinets that separate the kitchen from the living room will be knocked down. The sink will be replaced and if we can, we're going to try and find a butcher block type of counter top.

20240316_165225[1].jpg

20240316_165737[1].jpg

I am also still working on these damn stair railings. I've got one more section to do. I could probably sand, stain and clear in a weekend if time allows. This has been a nightmare and a very time-consuming project, but I think it looks much more modern than it previously did.

20211223_162654[1].jpg

20240226_184053[1].jpg

Prepping for a kitchen makeover. The cabinets are going to be painted a shade of green. Not looking forward to redoing these, but its our project for April. These will be
1. Degreased with TSP and a sponge
1a. Maybe a grain filler, I have a feeling she'll want it...
2. Primed with Zinsser Bull's Eye 123
3. A light sand (220 maybe?)
4. Painted.

I think I am going to spend the money and get a grayco or wagner sprayer. Any recommendations?

My wife likes the bottom right shade of green. The ceiling mounted cabinets that separate the kitchen from the living room will be knocked down. The sink will be replaced and if we can, we're going to try and find a butcher block type of counter top.

View attachment 512421

View attachment 512423

I am also still working on these damn stair railings. I've got one more section to do. I could probably sand, stain and clear in a weekend if time allows. This has been a nightmare and a very time-consuming project, but I think it looks much more modern than it previously did.

View attachment 512426

View attachment 512427

Hell, we ADDED overhead cabinets where you're knocking yours out! Can you afford the loss of storage?

But we're not fans of what HGTV calls "open concept" - tastes vary, blah, blah...

• Haha
Reactions: tworley
Hell, we ADDED overhead cabinets where you're knocking yours out! Can you afford the loss of storage?

But we're not fans of what HGTV calls "open concept" - tastes vary, blah, blah...

The cabinets we're taking down aren't home to anything right now. We've got more cabinets not seen in the photo above the oven and microwave. Its a big kitchen for only two people...

Space for more shit you do not use. When we remodeled our 80s kitchen the first things to go were the box light and the overhead cabinets over the breakfast bar looking into the family room. I have cabinets in the garage for the things I only use once a year. LED can lights were the best upgrade. Before I could retire in 2014 the wife said we had to redo the kitchen. Could not get it done fast enough.

Reactions: tworley and Shank
Space for more shit you do not use.

I was thinking about all the possible kitchen gadgets out there to fill cabinets... I still can't fill my small kitchen up because even as someone that loves to cook - I can't find reason for most of them.

Reactions: bucky
I was thinking about all the possible kitchen gadgets out there to fill cabinets... I still can't fill my small kitchen up because even as someone that loves to cook - I can't find reason for most of them.

Mind giving my wife some advice, she’s exactly the opposite of both those….. (and honestly so am I).

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
Clearing downed trees off my road so the postman doesn’t have any more excuse to delay delivery of my black magic brakes!
I need to get those installed this weekend!

IMG_1322.jpeg

Reactions: Rickyd and Cheesy
Clearing downed trees off my road so the postman doesn’t have any more excuse to delay delivery of my black magic brakes!
I need to get those installed this weekend!

View attachment 515464

How far up are you in NH? seems like a good bit of snow. I know my son in Keene had enough to close the schools but they typically don't get as much snow as his last school district Newport, NH.

I do get that. My brother is a contractor/finish carpenter and said he’d do it for a very very reasonable price…. Why I didn’t, not sure.

The problem with hiring friends and family is it is harder to say “man that sucks, where is your level.” And harder for him to say “I need paid”

I’ll help friends and family free and that’s it.

The problem with hiring friends and family is it is harder to say “man that sucks, where is your level.” And harder for him to say “I need paid”

I’ll help friends and family free and that’s

I’ll help friends and family free and that’s it.

Because I own a lot of shit I have friends asking to borrow things. My pickups, forklifts, dump trailer, car hauler ect. With Very few exceptions the answer is No but I’ll be there to help. Tools are no problem but the big stuff comes with too much liability. A few yrs back a good friend borrowed my new dump trailer for a dump run. He brought it back and told me that I need to adjust the brakes because they were locking up. He did not realize that you need to adjust the tow vehicle’s brake controller. There is a big difference in brake controller settings for an empty vs fully loaded 14k # trailer. It came back with multiple flat spots on all 4 tires.

• Sad
Reactions: ColoJeep
I know I have shown this a lot but this is my trailer and it immediately tells you that I know where my tools are and I like them-

CA8640A2-4935-4343-ABFF-859B0DB0F903.png

I can loan someone something that I haven’t used in three years and I’ll need it in two hours.

I have loaned people things to find out they turned around and loaned them to someone else.

We even let a subcontractor borrow a van and ask him to return it on a Friday so that we could use it for something that was pressing- He had had the van for probably five or six weeks- He replied “ I really should’ve been given more notice I just can’t let it go today “ uh dude ? It doesn’t belong to you.

One time someone wanted to borrow something and said “just swing by the house and drop it off” Are you kidding me?

People are clueless to the inconvenience that they can cause us guys that work with tools for a living and don’t have the time to chase things or to fix a saw cord they cut or even change a blade. We’ve already lost time trying to get our stuff back.

I have a cousin who married a guy who thinks he’s the smartest guy on the planet, he does some construction (destruction really) and he wants to borrow things like my Hilti chipping hammer from time to time so he doesn’t have to rent one- dude if you’re in business and you need one of these things why don’t you have it and if you don’t want to own it why don’t you budget enough into your price to rent.

I let one of my workers use my 18 foot trailer and when he came back to the house with it he didn’t cut wide enough and mowed down every LED light ahead by the driveway and just kept on coming.

I am so over anybody messing with any of my stuff- even my knucklehead sons.

At the same time I’ll do anything I can to help somebody and the members on here that know me personally can vouch for that- But basically it gets down to this- “ I’ll help ya, but you ain’t gonna screw me up”

People that borrow things like the guy that messed up your tires are on the same level as the new hire that does more damage the first week to something than you would in five years.