What other projects are you working on?

Found the culprit:
Exhaust pushrod on the right rear cylinder.
Best guess is it filled with coolant and locked when I started it.

1681763521412.jpeg

IDK on what to do with the (aluminum) heads accept take them to the machine shop and have them go thru the valves and check them for cracks and flatness....its been 35 years since my motorhead days of rebuilding small block chevys!
My 25y/o son goaded me into wrenching on this ourselves: "Come on dad remember all those engines you worked on when you were my age"

Make sure the cups get pulled checked for cracks and resealed with the correct red loctite. Also when surfacing those heads they need to be a specific finish so they don't abrade the head gaskets.

If you have a lift pulling the cab is fast. I don't so i put my lb7 on a stand when i redid the top end. Be very care what kind of stand it goes on. They are heavy suckers!.

Take lots of pics too.the wiring and other routing isn't intuitive in places

Reactions: Farmergreg
I can crack jokes since I might be doing something similar soon...

The rolling joke for dodges is the transmission?

Tell you what i want to find a late 90's cummins to put in front of my k20's nv4500. Old school intercooled coal until fking california turns off the oil pumps!

The rolling joke for dodges is the transmission?

Tell you what i want to find a late 90's cummins to put in front of my k20's nv4500. Old school intercooled coal until fking california turns off the oil pumps!

No transmission. I've got to track down the issue I'm having on my motorhome.

• Sad
Reactions: Rickyd
  • Sad
Reactions: Apparition
No ebay deals for sure. GM certainly made the LB7 a complete bitch to do injector work on.

These are the injectors I was planning on, as they have the "shut off" point above the atomization point.
https://ssdiesel.com/ss-diesel-motorsport-sac00-lb7-duramax-injectors-now-available/

The sac00 was supposed to be great,then heard bad things about them. I went with bosch injectors. I wish I'd done sac45s and compound turbos when efi live was still a thing.but then I'd need a 20,000$ shortblock!

Do some more research on those before buying

• Sad
The sac00 was supposed to be great,then heard bad things about them. I went with bosch injectors. I wish I'd done sac45s and compound turbos when efi live was still a thing.but then I'd need a 20,000$ shortblock!

Do some more research on those before buying

What negatives have you heard?

What negatives have you heard?

That they aren't as long lived as they were supposed to be and have flow rates all over the place.

Lincoln diesel is my go to for parts and they won't carry them anymore..
https://www.duramaxforum.com/threads/lincoln-diesel-new-sac00-injectors.1014365/
Btw if you have the time its a good opportunity to port the stock elbow to the turbo and swap in a drivers side lml exhaust manifold.

I did grade c head gaskets and wish I'd saved the old ones and went with those thicknesses(each side can be different).but for how hard i push that poor motor i guess slightly lower compression is a good thing😂

That they aren't as long lived as they were supposed to be and have flow rates all over the place.

Lincoln diesel is my go to for parts and they won't carry them anymore..
[URL]https://www.duramaxforum.com/threads/lincoln-diesel-new-sac00-injectors.1014365/[/URL]

Btw if you have the time its a good opportunity to port the stock elbow to the turbo and swap in a drivers side lml exhaust manifold.

I did grade c head gaskets and wish I'd saved the old ones and went with those thicknesses(each side can be different).but for how hard i push that poor motor i guess slightly lower compression is a good thing😂

When I was surfing it looked like you could get new or reman on the injectors.

This going to be pricy for a guy that doesn’t have @Wildman kind of money!