What other projects are you working on?

2165cc refresh for my air cooled VW Bug. New jugs, rings, and dual spring big valve heads. Powder coated the tins. A new set of Weber 44s going back on. Picked up a project car with the engine apart. Previous owner put nice parts into this engine and water got into the intake while it was in storage, nothing got into the case. The Bug is rust free Colorado car. Been into the air cooled thing for 30 plus years.

2165cc.jpg

bug.jpg

2165cc refresh for my air cooled VW Bug. New jugs, rings, and dual spring big valve heads. Powder coated the tins. A new set of Weber 44s going back on. Picked up a project car with the engine apart. Previous owner put nice parts into this engine and water got into the intake while it was in storage, nothing got into the case. The Bug is rust free Colorado car. Been into the air cooled thing for 30 plus years.

View attachment 417747

View attachment 417749

I was more into Type 2's.
nicerack001.jpg

Got about half the roof - plus the skylite - done on the shed project. To be resumed on Friday as tomorrow is Zorba's day of beauty. Besides, I'm all beat up and sore from climbing up and down the ladder all day, and as I told my wife: My knees are as sore as the Head Nurse's! Being she's a retired RN, she was NOT amused... :ROFLMAO:

We’ve got the heads off and have a total of FIVE bent pushrods!
The key for the timing gear slipped shattered or otherwise failed and it got out of time.
Pistons look good. Will know more on the connecting rods when we get those pulled.

1681993531279.jpeg

Not a car but trying to get my bike fixed up and sold. After 2 years of racing and throwing that thing around it's pretty clapped. So far its been a PITA trying to get it into good condition to sell.

20221002_151755.jpg

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
I got shocked removing a neutral wire at a customers house today.

I'm no expert but i don't think the meter should read 120v when testing it 🤔
20230425_162838.jpg

20230425_162850.jpg

The loose ground wires both had 40 volts on them too.cuz why not!

^ Tidy workmanship...not!
Gotta love amateur hour electrics. When we bought this 60 year old house, I knew I was in for a fun time with the wiring. It didn't disappoint. A half-assed addition had ground wires run, but not connected to their endpoint devices. Another one was connected, but is broken somewhere in the wall/ceiling - put a GFCI on that one and am hoping there isn't a buried splice somewhere. Then a whole circuit in the main part of the house didn't connect to ground at all - I was able to jump a ground through the attic to fix that. There's a switch in the above addition that has wires connected to it - only the Goddess knows where they go or what they do, never mind the tri-plex box that switch is in that was extended out because there's a double wall for some weird-ass reason.

At least this one didn't have scrap pieces of Romex laying on top of the kitchen ceiling - wirenutted together without benefit of J-boxes like another old house we owned years back. Oh, and that one had the stove 220v split off for a wall oven without benefit of J-boxes - AND without benefit of wirenuts or anything else. They stripped back about a foot of wiring and carefully twisted the one around the other then taped over the whole mess. My electrician father "had a cow" over that one. He said "Well, they did a good job of not doing it right/safely as the house is still here..."

Starting to build the door for the shed:

DSC01937.JPG

DSC01938.jpg

(One of the few times a portrait mode photo makes sense outside of a portrait!)

Building the frame right inside the opening, holding it in place with temporary screws. Once the hardie panel and hinges go on (next!), I'll remove the temp screws. I built one using this same technique years back and it came out swimmingly. The only thing is that it was about 1/8th this size, hopefully my technique scales up!

Reactions: RINC