What other projects are you working on?

My never ending project. 1969 Camaro. Recently converted to front disc brakes. I have new body mounts waiting to go on and sub frame Connectors coming next. Flatbed photo is when my DS gave up the ghost last year.
53C8449A-79E8-4B49-8D37-1916FB4CBDBB.jpeg

2B3D35EF-C59D-4DFE-ABAC-87285A2D58E8.jpeg

More trencher warfare!

Started with draining the chain case oil and finding a 1/2 set screw. It had some trauma in the past. Sprockets misaligned by 7/16". Small sprocket loose on shaft (missing said set screw) sprocket wore .010" oversize the shaft wore down .018".

My son yesterday: Bored the ($150) sprocket oversize, preserving the partial keyway. Made a sleeve then cut a keyway 3/4 of the way thru the sleeve, tig welded it into the sprocket, finished boring it to the shaft size, cutting out the remaining ID which opened up the keyway. We dont have keyway broaches. (He's got skills for a 23 y/o!)

1637853839023.jpeg

1637853889758.jpeg

1637853937287.jpeg

More trencher warfare!

Started with draining the chain case oil and finding a 1/2 set screw. It had some trauma in the past. Sprockets misaligned by 7/16". Small sprocket loose on shaft (missing said set screw) sprocket wore .010" oversize the shaft wore down .018".

My son yesterday: Bored the ($150) sprocket oversize, preserving the partial keyway. Made a sleeve then cut a keyway 3/4 of the way thru the sleeve, tig welded it into the sprocket, finished boring it to the shaft size, cutting out the remaining ID which opened up the keyway. We dont have keyway broaches. (He's got skills for a 23 y/o!)

View attachment 292451
View attachment 292452
View attachment 292453
That's real good work. *respect*

• USA Proud
Reactions: Farmergreg
That's real good work. *respect*
Thank you!
My son got interested in tig welding when he was in HS shop. We have a Lincoln 185.
Most times when something needs welded around the farm he goes to the tig. Keeps his skills up.

Reactions: Zorba
That is some impressive welding.

My daughter gifted me this 1970 Raleigh Super Course mixte frame bike that she found at a thrift shop for half a buck.
51504727931_5832bf4a1c_z.jpg

Where the bike I posted in the Childhood Toys thread cost $75 in 1970, this one was $150. Needs the usual stuff; tires, tubes, chain, cables, brake pads, and saddle. Plus some elbow grease. Surprisingly, I have almost everything in my stash, even the saddle.

There's also this little turd, a 1972 Arctic Cat Kitty Cat.
51340611504_911f291fed_z.jpg

My Dad bought this for my oldest kid in 1979, when she was about 5 minutes old. It went through my two kids and my brothers' four. Then my oldest had it for several years for her kids but let it sit when it developed some issues. I'd figured with them being in Maine, anybody could fix it but I guess not. So, resealing the engine and replacing the unobtainium ignition parts with an electronic system. Once it's running right, I'll tackle the sloppy steering. Then Owen and Eli can use it this winter. Next winter, it's back up to my brothers' place for his baseball team of grandkids to ride.

Rigid sewer lines on the camper.

And I’m installing some electrical running boards.

No rust on my truck after 13 winters in Alaska. Not so much for those old running boards. Rotten from the inside out.

Reactions: RINC
Rigid sewer lines on the camper.

And I’m installing some electrical running boards.

No rust on my truck after 13 winters in Alaska. Not so much for those old running boards. Rotten from the inside out.
Are those the bestop boards?, They just didn't design them for salt. They were good at sending parts but I finally had to remove mine.
They had "lifetime" warranty and ended up refunding to the dealer I bought them from, then store credit.

Are those the bestop boards?, They just didn't design them for salt. They were good at sending parts but I finally had to remove mine.
They had "lifetime" warranty and ended up refunding to the dealer I bought them from, then store credit.
Believe they were Rhino, I bought the truck used. Never did like the look of them. Happy to have the new ones tuck away.

Reactions: Farmergreg
Believe they were Rhino, I bought the truck used. Never did like the look of them. Happy to have the new ones tuck away.
I misread! You got rid of the rotted tubes and put electric ones on.
I put AMP electric boards on my '15 but wont drive it on the salt so they're working fine.
The '03 (anode!) has has 3 different boards. Tubes that rotted like yours. Bestop that corroded and failed, and now Nfab boards.

I had a '43 GPW at one time. It had a GM 151ci. Iron Duke, a real 90hp giant killer. Last I heard a few years ago, it was stretched, V8, Kings on 60/14 bolt combo. It still carried the '43 Ford registration, so no CA. smog to fight with. More power (the owners) to them.

Reactions: Tob and kmas0n
My never ending project. 1969 Camaro. Recently converted to front disc brakes. I have new body mounts waiting to go on and sub frame Connectors coming next. Flatbed photo is when my DS gave up the ghost last year.
View attachment 292260

View attachment 292261
Clone car? 69 SS Camaro's came with disc brakes. Sharp car none the less!

Reactions: TWiG01
Continued trench (er) warfare. 25º outside with a 40 mph wind...good day to be in the shop.
It came set up to cut a 24" wide trench and needed to be reconfigured to 16" wide which is all thats necessary for us. The 18 and 24" spacers will be replaced with narrower ones.

Also pulled the fuel injectors out of the 4-53 detroit and took them to get rebuilt. Cylinder number 2 was unusually wet.

120 5/8 bolts later:
1638886725308.jpeg

Last edited:
One of my current projects is a powder coating oven. It's almost done and I need to do some rewiring in my garage to complete the set up. I have a small oven and it's been great for small parts for my Jeep, trailer and other build projects. Bigger will be better though.

Oven - 35.JPG
Oven - 33.JPG

Last edited: