What should I name my Jeep TJ?

My Sahara is Green like the Hulk, so: Hulk + Jeep = HEEP

I will call it "THE HEEP" and love it and hold it and squeeze if forever.

Yours has angry eyes and your from Canada so: Mad Mounty

Reactions: JMT and Kiwi TJ
I was thinking “Trixie”, or “Candy”, or something of the like because every time have fun with her she costs me money. She’s a whore, but I love her.
Then there was a blurt through my pea brain and I heard someone saying “There are many like her, but this one is mine”, so I put part of a Mesa Tacical sticker on the back window. Hooah!

Mine is called "the Greep" after an incident while overlanding on old gravel roads and stuff with my friends. It had rained very heavily the day before and the day of with many roads flooded out. We came up to a bridge covered in water, and on the other side, a Dodge Charger was half submerged in the waters with hazards on. We called 911, and I told my friend to say we're in 2 Tan trucks and a green Jeep...however I messed up the last part and ended up saying Greep. And that's the story of how the Greep got her name.

Mine is called "the Greep" after an incident while overlanding on old gravel roads and stuff with my friends. It had rained very heavily the day before and the day of with many roads flooded out. We came up to a bridge covered in water, and on the other side, a Dodge Charger was half submerged in the waters with hazards on. We called 911, and I told my friend to say we're in 2 Tan trucks and a green Jeep...however I messed up the last part and ended up saying Greep. And that's the story of how the Greep got her name.
This is how a Jeep gets it's name!

I found this pic a while back online. Old CJ2A. I think if it was mine, I'd have to name it "Gomer"

CJ2A Pile.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Items and objects can and should be named by the owner. the thing you dont name is yourself (Nickname).

I would never let someone name my child or dog. I sure the hell wont let someone name my jeeps.

But they do earn their name. Just give it time. It will tell you what it wants to be called.

I'm of the opinion that it should be a Class A Felony to name your own Jeep. Owners that name their own Jeeps seem to always come up with stupid or corny names. For a good Jeep name, it should be earned from an event or funny trail the Jeep or owner has. Somehow my TJ became known as the Geezer Jeep which I guess I have to agree is pretty fitting lol. Someone even designed and made a very cool decal for me... It says Geezer II since the original Geezer was stolen. :)

View attachment 60727
Laughing,....I have been riding Harleys for almost 50 years and many years ago my "biker" friends gave me the road name of "Joker"....once my airborne legs started giving out on me and I really wasn't comfortable holding up my Ultra Classic I retired her and bought a TriGlide. For those who don't know, it's a 3 wheeler...The first time i rode it and some of my "friends" saw it...they called it a "Geezer Glide"..the name stuck...For my TJ, my granddaughter started calling it "JJ" for Joker's Jeep....so my license plate says 05JJ.
Here's an old pic of me in Vietnam... that C-7 Caribou I'm standing next to was named after a very cool band of that era.

View attachment 60735
Love me some "White Rabbit"...don't make songs like that anymore. Damn I must be old!!!!

Reactions: JMT
Love me some "White Rabbit"...don't make songs like that anymore. Damn I must be old!!!!
My era too. While I liked the music & singers, I didn't like how they glorified drug use. It sure killed a lot of them, many of my favorites died from OD'ing.

My little brother and I installed a Banks Turbocharger with intercooler in my Jeep, at the end of the initial test drive I punched it at which time my little brother said “ this thing takes off like a bullet” to which I replied “yeah, a Silver Bullet” (George, if you’re reading this and I got who said what backwards give me a break. It happened a couple years ago and we are both old). So my Jeep’ name is Silver Bullet.

6C1EB67B-53E7-482D-A603-4A04780C23B9.jpeg

My little brother and I installed a Banks Turbocharger with intercooler in my Jeep, at the end of the initial test drive I punched it at which time my little brother said “ this thing takes off like a bullet” to which I replied “yeah, a Silver Bullet” (George, if you’re reading this and I got who said what backwards give me a break. It happened a couple years ago and we are both old). So my Jeep’ name is Silver Bullet.

Out of curiosity, why a turbo vs a super? Seems like for 4x4 you wouldn’t want to sudden power shift.

Out of curiosity, why a turbo vs a super? Seems like for 4x4 you wouldn’t want to sudden power shift.

I did almost a year of research to figure out if I wanted to do a V8 swap, a supercharger, or a turbocharger. I read everything I could find online. I went to as many 4X4 events in Washington and Oregon as I could find and talked to the people who made the upgrade. I went to shops who do installs and talked to them. By this time I had decided not to go with the V8 swap for a couple reasons; first is cost, I would be looking at replacing the entire drive train including deferentials and axels. I had just retired and did not want to lay out that much money. I wanted more power, but I’m not going to be going crazy with it. I also had a 4.0 with less than 50K miles on it. I love the torque an in-line 6 cylinder creates. So it was up to superchargers and turbos. Two things that the install guys told me (but not the owners) was that superchargers run off a pulley and they use power from the engine to make power. This sounds funny now but at the time it bothered me. The other thing they said was all turbos have a lag (turbo lag). So more research, I found out that the amount of power a supercharger uses is small compared to the amount of power gained. With the turbo lag question that there are some manufacturers who build turbos that do have some lag, but not nearly as much as I had been lead to believe. Also there was at least one manufacturer who claimed no lag at all. I could not yet make a descission since both of my problems turned out to be nonexistent. I then started calling both types manufacturers to see what they would tell me about their products including one that was semi local. Some would only talk to me in depth (something other than a sales pitch) if I was making an order. With some it was clear that the person on the phone was only there to answer the phone and take orders. The semi local place was down right rude, on two different occasions with two different people, they seemed like I was interrupting their day regardless if they lost an order or not. I really wanted to work with these guy since they were only a couple hours away. Then I called the last place, they could not have been friendlier or more helpful. When I asked about their claim of no turbo lag the guy couldn’t give me an answer and ask if he could put me on hold. I figured he was going to ask someone, he did not. He put me through to the engineer who designed the turbo for the 4.0. He was more than helpful and put my fears at rest. He also told me to check out their companies YouTube page for more information. After talking with my brother and both of us checking out the YouTube videos I decided to place an order for a tutbcharger with intercooler and an exhaust system. I had it shipped to my brothers house as he is a mechanic and he turned his garage into a shop. I got a call two days later from the engineer that I spoke with telling me my order had been shipped and he gave me his direct number as well as his company cell number and said if I had any trouble with the install to call him. My brother and I did the install over a three day weekend without incident. I did call the engineer after the install and let him know there were no problems and the turbo worked great. He then ask me if I had experienced any lag, l had completely forgot about it because there was none. It’s been about a year and a half with no issues, I did receive one more follow up call to make sure everything was still okay after 3 months. The power and torque increase starts from idle and builds from there. I could not be happier with my decision. While at an event here in Washington I met a guy with a TJ the same year as mine that had installed the same turbo. His TJ was built much more than mine and though it still has plates he trailers it until he gets to where he is going wheeling. He said he had as much usable power as his friends TJ with a L1 engine with less weight.

Reactions: JMT
I did almost a year of research to figure out if I wanted to do a V8 swap, a supercharger, or a turbocharger. I read everything I could find online. I went to as many 4X4 events in Washington and Oregon as I could find and talked to the people who made the upgrade. I went to shops who do installs and talked to them. By this time I had decided not to go with the V8 swap for a couple reasons; first is cost, I would be looking at replacing the entire drive train including deferentials and axels. I had just retired and did not want to lay out that much money. I wanted more power, but I’m not going to be going crazy with it. I also had a 4.0 with less than 50K miles on it. I love the torque an in-line 6 cylinder creates. So it was up to superchargers and turbos. Two things that the install guys told me (but not the owners) was that superchargers run off a pulley and they use power from the engine to make power. This sounds funny now but at the time it bothered me. The other thing they said was all turbos have a lag (turbo lag). So more research, I found out that the amount of power a supercharger uses is small compared to the amount of power gained. With the turbo lag question that there are some manufacturers who build turbos that do have some lag, but not nearly as much as I had been lead to believe. Also there was at least one manufacturer who claimed no lag at all. I could not yet make a descission since both of my problems turned out to be nonexistent. I then started calling both types manufacturers to see what they would tell me about their products including one that was semi local. Some would only talk to me in depth (something other than a sales pitch) if I was making an order. With some it was clear that the person on the phone was only there to answer the phone and take orders. The semi local place was down right rude, on two different occasions with two different people, they seemed like I was interrupting their day regardless if they lost an order or not. I really wanted to work with these guy since they were only a couple hours away. Then I called the last place, they could not have been friendlier or more helpful. When I asked about their claim of no turbo lag the guy couldn’t give me an answer and ask if he could put me on hold. I figured he was going to ask someone, he did not. He put me through to the engineer who designed the turbo for the 4.0. He was more than helpful and put my fears at rest. He also told me to check out their companies YouTube page for more information. After talking with my brother and both of us checking out the YouTube videos I decided to place an order for a tutbcharger with intercooler and an exhaust system. I had it shipped to my brothers house as he is a mechanic and he turned his garage into a shop. I got a call two days later from the engineer that I spoke with telling me my order had been shipped and he gave me his direct number as well as his company cell number and said if I had any trouble with the install to call him. My brother and I did the install over a three day weekend without incident. I did call the engineer after the install and let him know there were no problems and the turbo worked great. He then ask me if I had experienced any lag, l had completely forgot about it because there was none. It’s been about a year and a half with no issues, I did receive one more follow up call to make sure everything was still okay after 3 months. The power and torque increase starts from idle and builds from there. I could not be happier with my decision. While at an event here in Washington I met a guy with a TJ the same year as mine that had installed the same turbo. His TJ was built much more than mine and though it still has plates he trailers it until he gets to where he is going wheeling. He said he had as much usable power as his friends TJ with a L1 engine with less weight.

View attachment 62935

my opinion is that you have to wait for the name to come to your jeep. That's the real name for the jeep. For example, we have another new guy in our club. He keep not getting some stuff done that he volunteered for (no real fault of his own). Someone told him "your fired" and a few others piled on. now guess what he named his jeep. "Your Fired"

Reactions: Kiwi TJ