What would your dream bumper set look like?

Not buy one. I'm okay with my cut down china bumper that the previous owner installed. When it no longer works I'll replace it with a real bumper.

Which real bumper would you replace your cut down China bumper with?

While we’re on this topic, does anyone know the specific design characteristics that make the Savvy front/rear bumpers so great?

Not trying to argue on which bumper is best.

But it would be good to actually have an understanding why they’re so great, rather than just relying on expert opinion.

6061 aluminum, solid strength for aluminum while staying lightweight, stubby, extended winch deck, a lip at the bottom that is up against the crossmember for rigidity, light mounts, fairlead, winch guard...

Reactions: PNW_LJ
6061 aluminum, solid strength for aluminum while staying lightweight, stubby, extended winch deck, a lip at the bottom that is up against the crossmember for rigidity, light mounts, fairlead, winch guard...

Ok, but all those things are also present on other bumpers. Is the lip on the bottom is the only feature that differentiates the Savvy?

The UCF front bumper, for example, has those same features:

https://undercoverfab.com/jeep-tj-l...-winch_plate-add_6061_aluminum_tj_winch_plate

Are there other design elements of Savvy front/rear bumpers that I'm missing?

I've always like the looks of these.

IMG_7324.jpg

I honestly would love a set of the warn bumpers with the rear tire carrier. I have always liked them I just can’t seem to find them on the used market close enough or with someone willing to ship.

Both of those are aluminum. That's about it.

Maybe I'm missing something, but to my untrained eye, the UCF looks like a copy of the Savvy (except it being a little wider and shorter winch deck).

UCF:

ucf-aluminum-front-bumper-for-jeep-wrangler-tj-lj.jpg

Savvy:

SAV-TJF.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something, but to my untrained eye, the UCF looks like a copy of the Savvy (except it being a little wider and shorter winch deck).

The devil is in the details.

Deeper winch deck is less hangy/outty things, more connection points. Narrower overall, less widy/outty things. UFC does not have the underlip which helps with the bracing. UFC also, as far as I know, does not come with the optional reinforcement plates to protect the corner welds.

Reactions: PNW_LJ