What's everyone's gas mileage?

All highway miles and I averaged 10mpg. Every 130 miles I had to refill. Just awful and a beast to drive. Very noisey and not very comfortable either.
These are the best bits of owning a Jeep..;).its no Lexus (which Im glad of) Had you not driven one before you bought it?

Wow, there must be something wrong with my Jeep. I get 13 tops if I am going down hill in a wind especially now with 4:88 gears and 33's I do run STT pros not the smoothest street tire out there but it is an all terrain. I am lucky to go 150 mile before my light comes on. Then I put 15 gallons back in it. What sucks too is I am heavily invested in oil and my stocks are about as bad as my gas mileage. Ha What's worse is I get the same gas mileage in my 3/4 ton GMC 4x4.

That earlier poster, I think was expecting a BMW M3 and realized quickly a Jeep is not that. Also I am assuming probably not an avid 4 wheeler. If you are going fast enough to hit ice, and roll 2 times you are going way too fast for the conditions in my opinion. Maybe not in a BMW, but certainly in a Jeep.

Reactions: Daryl and Kiwi TJ
My '03 Rubicon 5-speed with 265/75R16 Duratracs now gets about 15 city & 17-18 highway after I had the cats & oxygen sensors replaced. It was getting 12-14 no matter what before that. I've checked the speedo accuracy with a GPS app and it's within 1 mph at highway speeds. Vibration at speed usually keeps my under 70 mph and I usually shift around 2,500 rpm.

I tracked my mileage & maintenance in Fuelly in the past but I've been using Road Trip for a year or so now and like it much better. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/road-trip-mpg/id298398207

I think regardless of the type of "toy" you drive, its best to not look at the milage/ gas prices. Always hope for the most for the least, but dont let reality kill the fun... just take the top off and cruise! :)

The only time my Tj gets over 10-11 mpg is when it’s on my trailer behind my truck. Or going downhill on a mountain pass. I wouldn’t ever buy a Jeep and care about fuel mileage. It’s a 4.0L, 5speed, 5.13’s, and 36x13.50-15 tires. It will still drive 80 just fine but normally goes much much slower.

TJR, 33s, 4.10s, 6spd.

Best if I never go over 60mph. 20mpg. Normal `16mpg. Towing, mountain passes. 12mpg if I average 60mph.

My '87 YJ, 33s, 3.07s, 4spd.... only used 5th in 4LO.
Always 25mpg, 75mph on USA Interstates. Without EFI.

19 mpg average. 2001, 4.0,410 gears,3 speed auto,35" bfg km3, throdle bodyspacer, k&n cold air intake,jet chip.

Reactions: Medali
19 mpg average. 2001, 4.0,410 gears,3 speed auto,35" bfg km3, throdle bodyspacer, k&n cold air intake,jet chip.
Whats your secret...?
2002 sport TJ 4.0. 3 speed automatic, 410 gear, 33" BF KM2,
11,76 mpg average !!...
What makes so much difference between our two ratios ...? What should I do to correct this ... I do everything I can but I can not ... I would like it to be my daily car but it's too expensive for me ...

Haven’t really checked. Need to modify my tank to the 19 gallon mark. At almost empty I only put in about 15 gallons. I get just over 200 miles before I need to fill up. Don’t think my Jeep is completely stock. It’s an ‘02 and should be a 3 speed. The mechanic I had do some work on it when I bought it said it had writing on the outside of the tyranny. Feels like a 4 speed going down the road. Been to cold to crawl under and check just yet. Think the gears are stock at 3.07. Although I was expecting not great fuel economy. Had a Ford Ranger before that averaged 16-18

Drove 1152 miles in 48hrs.
All interstate 68-75mph, no drafting or other hypermile tricks.
4.0, 6speed, superchips programer on MPG XS or 87 tune.
31 10.5 r15 patagonias, 35psi, stock speedo gear, so it reads a little slow.

Averaged 17mpg. High of 18.2, low of 15.9.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Another long 400 mile road trip over the weekend.
Similar case, cruise controll on 65-75, mostly highway. Stopped for gass/piss breaks along the way.
17.9mpg on the way down
18.1mpg on the way back

Added a fancy cone-filter-on-a-stick intake and flow through catback. Didn't appear to change the millage. Made a slight difference in power 4k+, sounds much better...
Superchips 87 performance tune

Another long 400 mile road trip over the weekend.
Similar case, cruise controll on 65-75, mostly highway. Stopped for gass/piss breaks along the way.
17.9mpg on the way down
18.1mpg on the way back

Added a fancy cone-filter-on-a-stick intake and flow through catback. Didn't appear to change the millage. Made a slight difference in power 4k+, sounds much better...
Superchips 87 performance tune
So, what do you think is making the big difference between your rig and others? I get 13'ish mpg average. Is it the Superchips 87 performance tune?