What's Your Favorite Wax?

Not a detailing pro by any means, but Turtle Wax Ice and Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine are both spray waxes that have stellar reviews and are much easier to apply than a conventional wax. Just check the Amazon reviews.

Reactions: WLDRIDE
If I had your TJ , I'd start with a a thorough wash in hot water , then polish it with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, then I'd clean every large scratch with alcohol and get an oreilly paint store that mixes paint and get the color matched in a touch up bottle (cost under $20) then I would wax it with a good synthetic liquid wax .

If I didn't do that , I'd at least hit it with Nu Finish , it's a cleaner wax .

All this can be found at o Reilly's or Wal Mart .

My jeep get no wax ..... but my wifes little red Italian sports car gets this.
15734218642801598987454547111873.jpg

I also used to use meguiars on my yearly waxing, only stopped using it because I stopped waxing

But my favorite wax is either Mr Zogs or Bones Rat wax, they help me bust slappys all day LOL

My TJ has never seen wax but I might use that stuff just so I could tell people I used pig snot to make it shiny. 🤣

My TJ has never been waxed either. But it used it frequently on my bike and mustang before I sold them and always looked amazing. And yes, I’ve gotten some curious looks and responses when telling people what I used haha

Reactions: Chris
Ive used meguires for a few years now with good results. I used to wax my jeep a few times a year, but have slowly gotten worse at it.

I promise that once you use that, you'll never, ever, ever want to use wax again. The best part is you can get it on anything (even the black trim pieces) and it doesn't leave a mess.
So, Chris, speaking of old ways of detailing, do I want/need to use rubbing compound on the paint before I use the product you recommended? Or is that a waste of time and effort? It seems like, in the few spots that I've used some rubbing compound, it does seem to clean up the paint a bit.

I have used Zaino, Collinite, Meguires, Nufinish and Turtle Wax on many cars. I think there are better products now. The best off the shelf is probably this, https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/best+of+show+wax.do

Now I feel there are other professional options. My Audi S5 has some crazy stuff on it that seems to last forever. It was professionally put on I am sure, but I don't know what it is. I think it costs something like $400 or so to get them to put that crap on. Problem is, they need to buff it first and if they leave swirl marks you are stuck with them.

Good luck.

I use ammo NYC. Hands down the best detailing products out there. If you have questions or need advice Larry the owner will guide you with an email or phone call. I’ll never use any other products. He has a free YouTube channel that has lessons and how to guides for pretty much any situation.

Reactions: TJ Starting
So, Chris, speaking of old ways of detailing, do I want/need to use rubbing compound on the paint before I use the product you recommended? Or is that a waste of time and effort? It seems like, in the few spots that I've used some rubbing compound, it does seem to clean up the paint a bit.

You only need to use rubbing compound if you have some scratches that won't come out otherwise. But other than that, no.

With this stuff you wash the car, dry it, apply this stuff, and after 30 minutes or so (it takes a while) you'll be able to tell what a difference it makes.

Water hits it and it beads up just like wax, without the fuss or mess of wax.