What's your next mod / upgrade / repair for your TJ?

3 inch lift or front auto lockers.

Maintenance wise... manifold gasket is making a ticking sound.. but i don't want to do it.

Belt and sparks are coming up soon.

Even without bigger tires, I would still go with 5.13 personally.

As for me, supercharger is next!
HI Chris,

Would you say 5.13 for the automatic? What about the 5 speed? Would 4.10 be sufficient with 31" or 32" tires? Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear. Will go to the Super 35 when I regear.
Lou

After my frame swap / Savvy tummy tuck, I'm doing:
F/R revolution 4340 axles shafts, Savvy ultimate steering, black magic brakes, 35's.

Then I'll hopefully be doing:
Savvy rock sliders, Savvy rear bumper, beadlocks (looking at spyderlocks currently).

Edit: Welp. just ordered the rock sliders so I guess I'm doing those first anyways.

Last edited:
HI Chris,

Would you say 5.13 for the automatic? What about the 5 speed? Would 4.10 be sufficient with 31" or 32" tires? Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear. Will go to the Super 35 when I regear.
Lou

For the 42RLE automatic I would say 5.13 gears with 33" tires and 4.88 if it's a manual with 33" tires.

For 31" or 32", I would say 4.88 gears for the 42RLE automatic and 4.56 gears for the manual.

HI Chris,

Lou
I have a 5 speed manual and 4.88 with 35s. It is perfect for highway / trail use. For 33s 4.56 may be a bit better but if I was you I would stick with 4.88 incase you decide to size up later on.

I ran 33s with 4.10 for 3 years without any issues. I also didnt notice any increase in mileage when I swapped from 4.10 to 4.88 with my 35s.

The most noticeable thing after my regear has been the crawl ratio in 4low. The jeep will crawl over large rocks in idle now so it has made life much easier.

I will be swapping out my tie rod and drag link with a new steering stabilizer next. Still fighting the dead spot in steering and wobble. Not death wobble though thank god. Track bar already done.

Reactions: fuse and Serbonze
I will be swapping out my tie rod and drag link with a new steering stabilizer next. Still fighting the dead spot in steering and wobble. Not death wobble though thank god. Track bar already done.
I recently did the Currie currectlync steering and am loving it. It has been responsive, smooth, with no funny spots or wobbles.

I recently did the Currie currectlync steering and am loving it. It has been responsive, smooth, with no funny spots or wobbles.
I want the Currie but I’m afraid the cost might get me. I have heard for the money the ZJ is a good alternative. I’m fine with spending all my money on the Jeep and eating ramen but the wife not so much lol.

I'm gonna raise my seats ...

Just did a shorter antenna, going to get the cb off the wife's knees ,

If the shop can straighten out a couple of my regear quirks I created , I think I'm pretty satisfied , but I've thought that before .

Reactions: Steven_Olson
Next is a 2" SL and a 1" BL, $$$ willing but im having
20180909_180455.jpg
to work thru a couple engine code problems.
It's a nice jeep but it will look nicer with a lift :)

Here's a fun idea for a thread :)

What's the next upgrade/mod/repair you have planned for your Jeep? What parts are you waiting on? How did you decide to do this up next (i.e. necessity/next on the list/just wanted it)?

Here's mine to start the thread. I'll post photos when done. I have nothing that's utterly urgent so that's a good thing.

1. Regear. Can't decide between 4.88 and 5.13 so reading and researching more before I go to @David Kishpaugh. Inclining more towards 4.88 for my use case since I can't see using bigger tires but everyone says I'll go bigger eventually :D
  2. Very minor dent fix on driver side door. Bought the Jeep with it but since it's on the driver side I see it every time I enter the Jeep and it is bugging me (rest of the Jeep is in great shape). Doing my search to find a good body shop nearby that doesn't change an arm and a leg.
  3. Want to remove the backseat permanently since I don't use it and don't foresee using it. Trying to decide on best storage organization for the extra space that be convenient to use with both hardtop/softtop. Might have to get something custom made for what I have in mind. Still thinking about it.
  4. I ordered an early 90s mustang dead pedal just yesterday after seeing it in @jjvw's build thread. Pretty cheap from eBay. Cannot wait to install that once it arrives. @tworley also posted a photo but can't find which thread.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/daily-driver-go-where-i-want-to-build.9410/page-5#post-147901
Please feel free to post your list no matter how major/minor, feel free to ask for feedback, bounce ideas, share pics (and otherwise derail:D as needed).
I'm 9 months into this restoration.....guess that means it's due? Getting close to being able to take it out. New seats are next. Followed by fender flares, side step bars and dash components. Of course, I'll never really be finished.....just sayin'.

Figure out why it pulls to left when braking
Wire in switch for off road lights
Suspension lift (get rid of 2 inch body lift)
Regear

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm 9 months into this restoration.....guess that means it's due? Getting close to being able to take it out. New seats are next. Followed by fender flares, side step bars and dash components. Of course, I'll never really be finished.....just sayin'.
What kind of seats are you installing?

Ha I am DONE working on my TJ for a while, my current goal is nothing more than avoiding breakages and praying to the Jeep gods that nothing else goes wrong for another year at least lol. Even figured out why my transmission temperature gauge stopped working and finally got that fixed (the gauge itself had failed). It is now running/working fine on all counts so it's ready to wheel again. My next scheduled big offroad event is Hump 'N Bump in Nevada November 2nd. I can't break anything there because it'd be further than my 200 mile AAA tow package would pay for. :risas3:

Ha I am DONE working on my TJ for a while, my current goal is nothing more than avoiding breakages and praying to the Jeep gods that nothing else goes wrong for another year at least lol. Even figured out why my transmission temperature gauge stopped working and finally got that fixed (the gauge itself had failed). It is now running/working fine on all counts so it's ready to wheel again. My next scheduled big offroad event is Hump 'N Bump in Nevada November 2nd. I can't break anything there because it'd be further than my 200 mile AAA tow package would pay for. :risas3:
Just install a sticker.
617BpPf0F+L._SX425_.jpg

Front pinion angle is a bit low after the skid install. Going to make some time one of these evenings to get that adjusted.

Reactions: JMT