Where are the good used frames and tubs at?

Some progress... apparently I'm a FB marketplace newb and had my search radius tiny. Expanded it out and am finding some gems.

$2k for a perfect one from out west, $1k for a good solid one with 4cyl engine mounts.

Either way that it looks like I might have to dig into swapping the 4cyl mounts over for the 6cyl ones.

Reactions: TRE3TOP
Car-Part-com is a used parts finder at all the junkyards that subscribe to it. There were frames in OR two years ago for $500.
I'm very familiar with that site, pretty much where most of my junkyard parts come from. Nothing there locally for me except for chopped up pieces. I'll have to go out about 800+ miles for a good one using that site.

Probably going to come down to local supply or a Jeep parts type of company like Davey's Jeeps or something.

Good tubs run $2k+ and have to be shipped.

Well, can you go get it? If so, how far are you willing to travel? There was a guy selling a frame and tub nearby (NC) for $1,500 and I'm guessing he still has it.

Reactions: TRE3TOP
Just went through this last winter with my LJ. There was a bunch on Car-Part in PA. There is a guy in MA or CT that occasionally brings a flatbed of frames from the Southwest and sells on craigslist/FB. I ended up just paying a guy to weld up the frame using sections from Poconos Metal.

Someday I will find a FL LJ that blew a motor when visiting up here during the summer :cool:

Well, can you go get it? If so, how far are you willing to travel? There was a guy selling a frame and tub nearby (NC) for $1,500 and I'm guessing he still has it.
Potentially. I can rent a 12' utility trailer from Uhaul. Any link or anything? Would be nice to see some pictures.

Potentially. I can rent a 12' utility trailer from Uhaul. Any link or anything? Would be nice to see some pictures.

Let me look. It was on marketplace. I'll see if I can find it again.

Looks like it's been re-listed with fewer parts. $1,800 now. I doubt you're interested in what's left. Looks like they fucked up a perfectly good Jeep to me.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...e=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post
1644361699872.png

Seller's Description

***THIS IS ONLY THE TUB - NO ENGINE, NO TRANSMISSION, NO FRAME, NO AXLES, NO DOORS, NO SEATS*** I am selling our 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Tub. The jeep only had 103k miles when it was pulled apart. The jeep was purchased to build a custom off-road vehicle with a custom frame a V8 motor and one ton axles, but time has gotten the best of me and it is time to move on. The jeep was NEVER taken off-road and the body has no damage. It was a 1-owner and only had a bad radiator, but all other parts were sold off because I had plans to upgrade them. Comes with the tub, windshield, grill, and a clean title with 0 accidents. Let me know if you are interested! We can load it on a trailer for you. Delivery also available if needed (for anan additional cost)

2k for a tub? I paid 750 for mine. Had to repair the front quarter, but it was rust free.

That frame posted above looks sketchy for the price. I bet it has rust lurking.

Wow....what an interesting frame. The frame itself looks pretty good but where the spring perches were welded looks a little crunchy.

That frame looks way too nice for the broken shocks hanging off of it....must be a story behind this one.

Yeah I am suspicious. Hope you find something, clean frames are starting to get very rare up here.

Be a bit of a hike, but Baseline 4x4 in NW Indiana usually has good stuff. They buy at insurance auctions down south and then part them in the Midwest. I got a Tub from them a couple years ago, and will probably get a frame from them in the near future.
Thats where i got a GREAT 05 tub and got a frame out of Plymouth Wisconsin at Rhine auto the place is fucking HUGE frame was in great shape for $600, $100 for Diesel to go get it from traverse city to Plymouth Wisconsin

Reactions: Mike_H