Where can I get a cheap hard top?

kylee

Hi, I don’t know if I post to this thread but I have a jeep TJ willys edition that was from Arizona so the owner bought it with the soft top. Does anyone know where I can buy or recommend a place to get a cheap used hard top so I don’t have to spend $2000+? (I already tried facebook market place) Where did you guys buy yours? Also is it possible to add the hard top windshield wiper and defrost button option to my TJ since it’s didn’t come with it originally? Based in michigan! Thank you!! (SORRY GUYS HAD TO EDIT I MEANT HARD TOP!)

8AA29323-E014-4A0F-9962-18F32E6BBC95.jpeg

DD86451D-70C2-4D77-9BDE-E30F622B806E.jpeg

Last edited:
cheap used soft top
I assume you mean hard top: Facebook market place, but cheap is hard to come by. Might have better luck when it starts warming up.
add the hard top windshield wiper and defrost button
Yes, find them in junk TJ, get the wiring etc, make sure the harness at the rear is for the same year as your hard top, there are two types.

Reactions: Fonz54
I assume you mean hard top: Facebook market place, but cheap is hard to come by. Might have better luck when it starts warming up.

Yes, find them in junk TJ, get the wiring etc, make sure the harness at the rear is for the same year as your hard top, there are two types.
Hopefully! I see a new one every few days for around $500-$1000 but they sell within an hour!

Oops, I just assumed your gender...there goes my political career.

You gotta be quick, especially at the low end of the price spectrum.

Where in Michigan are you? I go up once a year to Grand Ledge, it quite nice up there.

😂😂😂 but Im in Roseville, about a 20 minute drive from Detroit. It's not very nice down here but I go to MSU right by there!

I was going to say in the rust belt, but that is where you are. Parts do seem cheaper because of rusted out Jeeps being parted out.
forsure! They’re usually only $500-700 on market place & there’s an auto part store near me that sells hard tops for $200 on rusted/salvaged jeeps but they sells within minutes of post bc of how cheap they are! Just grateful my jeep isn’t rusted like the ones they try to sell in mi.