Where should I mount my hi-lift jack?

Best place for it? Sold on CL or FB Marketplace. There is no need, they look stupid, they are usually used incorrectly and dangerously.

I’ll admit one came in handy changing my spare on the trail the other day. My jack kept sinking into the dirt too much and couldn’t quite get my tire back on. With that said I asked the guy who offered it up to do the honors of operating it and I would put the tire back on because those pieces of shit scare the hell out of me.

My solution, I got a bigger bottle jack.

I’ll admit one came in handy changing my spare on the trail the other day. My jack kept sinking into the dirt too much and couldn’t quite get my tire back on. With that said I asked the guy who offered it up to do the honors of operating it and I would put the tire back on because those pieces of shit scare the hell out of me.

My solution, I got a bigger bottle jack.
Or a small piece of 3/4" plywood like I carry.

A lot of you think that jacks are just for changing tires in your garage, I disagree!

It’s great that you want to carry the highlift but if you’re honest with yourself, it’s a bulky piece of equipment that very rarely gets used on the trail. If you have other recovery equipment, there is ALWAYS a better and safer solution. I’m keeping mine because I have found a few uses for it around the property. Last year I used it to help me remove the loader on the tractor. It is not part of my recovery kit anymore. It stays in the garage where it belongs.

I mounted mine on the hood. Like this:
HM-825.850-1.jpg

I unmounted mine off the hood like this😜
It was on the hood when I bought it and had to take it off. It also blocks the windshield sprayer.I thought about making tabs to mount it to my tire carrier but I have only used one a long time ago to sleeve a bent tie rod on a buddy’s chevy.

3AF934EC-9B1D-4E36-8929-30EB29C2CFE0.jpeg

2672DFA0-9146-4744-B19B-596D918E13D0.png

Reactions: 1o1proof
My grandfather owned jeeps from the time he returned from WW2 until his passing, and always carried a high lift. But then he was a rancher out west, and used it for everything from a jack for his Willys wagon to repairing barbed wire fences, and tons of other tasks. He just kept it on the floor loose in the back of the wagon.

My dad has been using one of these for a while, and I will be adding it to my offroad supplies this year... it'll do a lot of what a hilift will, but safer, and of course will do all a bottle jack will do.

https://safejacks.com/products/the-general-off-road-kit