Which 4" Springs for 35s?

To get into a set of tunable Fox shocks you have to drop over $1k. I’d get Rancho 5000X 55255/55256 or the adjustable 9000X or look into the BlackMax shocks people are raving about.
Rancho 5000X 55255/55256

Are those Front/Rear part numbers?

Reactions: JMT
Im using the rancho 5000x series up front with 5.25" of up/down travel. There are reports of them being mushy but I like them. A properly tuned fox though (what I have in the rear) is better. All of my shock mounts have been moved, so the currie/rockjock spring travel and shock travel are all usable. 11" up front and 12" can be set up to work really well on the TJ platform
20210814_104817.jpg
IMG_20200802_130741.jpg

The Rancho RS9000xl which I don't like nearly as well as the 5000x. It's too stiff even on it's #1 setting. I changed to the RS9000xl thinking it'd be good to be able to temporarily stiffen the rear shocks when towing my trailer but I soon wished I hadn't.
That’s interesting. I thought the 9000xl’s would be adjustable to a setting comparable to the 5000x. It is good to know that’s not the case. I bet you could sell the 9000’s and get into a new set of 5000’s without losing any money.

That’s interesting. I thought the 9000xl’s would be adjustable to a setting comparable to the 5000x. It is good to know that’s not the case. I bet you could sell the 9000’s and get into a new set of 5000’s without losing any money.
They're dented at the top on both sides in the rear from the axle moving around so much, I doubt anyone would be interested. I thought so too on the adjustability but nope, noticeably stiffer on the #1 setting. It's ok but it just doesn't work as well for me as the 5000x did.

• Sad
Im using the rancho 5000x series up front with 5.25" of up/down travel. There are reports of them being mushy but I like them. A properly tuned fox though (what I have in the rear) is better. All of my shock mounts have been moved, so the currie/rockjock spring travel and shock travel are all usable. 11" up front and 12" can be set up to work really well on the TJ platformView attachment 287053View attachment 287054
Love that first photo.

Reactions: tworley
Flex city my boy.

I’ve come down pretty hard on them. Honestly most if not all aftermarket arms are tough. It’s the joints you want.
Nothing less than a Johnny joint for me. I like core because they answer their phone and customer the service is amazing.
Nice, yeah i sent them an email the other day and they replied right away, looks good wheres my credit card, im going in!

I've been on a lot of forums for XJ, Yamaha, etc, etc., and NEVER have I seen such unequivocal consensus on the best anything.
It's an odd feeling..:oops:.. but I like it.

Reactions: Brianj5600
I've been on a lot of forums for XJ, Yamaha, etc, etc., and NEVER have I seen such unequivocal consensus on the best anything.
It's an odd feeling..:oops:.. but I like it.
The RockJock Spring is so much longer than any other spring that gives 4” of lift. If articulation and shock travel don’t matter to you, just get any 4” spring/shock and move on.

• Haha
Reactions: NOTNSUV
Im using the rancho 5000x series up front with 5.25" of up/down travel. There are reports of them being mushy but I like them. A properly tuned fox though (what I have in the rear) is better. All of my shock mounts have been moved, so the currie/rockjock spring travel and shock travel are all usable. 11" up front and 12" can be set up to work really well on the TJ platformView attachment 287053View attachment 287054
It looks like you outboarded your rear shocks, how has that helped the ride? Is it still super bouncy in the rear when you go over a speed bump for example. And how is it on the rocks compared to stock

I just don’t think this guy knows.
Searching first on here for recommended springs would have told him everything hes been told in this thread and given him a clue to how and why many of these threads devolve.