Which 4" Springs for 35s?

Right now the ride is stiff and sharp, which i like but it does bounce in the rear ALOT. Maybe its my OME shocks? Doubt its the springs idk.
Generally the shocks are more important, so rock jock or anything else that makes 4" doesn't matter. All 4" lift springs should work fine. Shocks will overall determine the ride. Like @jjvw says generally the springs aren't a big deal as far as ride.

I am over it.
Somebody like @Jack_Stefan would probably appreciate a clear expression of what you think, I know I'd rather hear what spring you'd suggest. You can always ignore the flack. Both of us know the same question is going to pop up again.

Somebody like @Jack_Stefan would probably appreciate a clear expression of what you think, I know I'd rather hear what spring you'd suggest. You can always ignore the flack. Both of us know the same question is going to pop up again.

Rather than another shit show I sent him a direct message. I said earlier Rock Jocks springs are the best choice.

Reactions: Jack_Stefan
Hello, im planning to buy some 35"s pretty soon and wanted some feedback on what springs to buy. Here is my current build:

View attachment 286900
  • Dana 30/44
  • 15" aluminum Quadratec wheels
  • DPG- Ultimate Lift Kit with long tube shocks
    • 2.5" OME Springs
    • JKS Front/Rear track bar
    • JKS Adj Rear Swaybar End Links
    • JKS Disco
    • Extended SS Brakelines
    • OME Nitro Shocks
    • OME Springs
    • Brown Dog Motor Mount
    • JKS 1.25″ Body Lift
    • DPG 2″ Extended Bump stops
  • SYE Kit w/Adams Driveshaft
  • Core 4x4 Tier 3 control arms
  • 5.13 Gears
  • Revolution Chromoly Axles upfront
  • Black Magic Big Brake Kit. Ty blaine!
  • ZJ steering upgrade
  • Mountain Offroad Heavy Duty Motor Brackets
  • Savvy Transfercase Cable Shifter
  • 1.5" Spring Spacer up front
  • Monroe Steering Damper
  • E Locker Rear
  • Auto Locker Front

I like rock crawling. Right now the ride is stiff and sharp, which i like but it does bounce in the rear ALOT. Maybe its my OME shocks? Doubt its the springs idk.

I want to keep my fenders. I dont like how aftermarket fenders look. I'm okay with maybe sacrificing a little bit of flex to keep my fenders. What brand of springs should i buy? and is 4" springs + my 1.25" body lift enough for 35"s?
You’re over-thinking it. Get the RockJock 4” springs, Currie Currrectlync steering, make your adjustments and enjoy your 35’s. Oh, and get rid of the OME Nitro shocks. That’s why it’s riding like crap. Springs have nothing to do with it.

You’re over-thinking it. Get the RockJock 4” springs, Currie Currrectlync steering, make your adjustments and enjoy your 35’s. Oh, and get rid of the OME Nitro shocks. That’s why it’s riding like crap. Springs have nothing to do with it.
I thought the old OME nitro shocks were highly praised, as opposed to the newer Sport version.

Generally the shocks are more important, so rock jock or anything else that makes 4" doesn't matter. All 4" lift springs should work fine. Shocks will overall determine the ride. Like @jjvw says generally the springs aren't a big deal as far as ride.

I don't say generally. There isn't a situation where the differences in springs intended for a TJ will have any meaningful effect on the ride.

There are other reasons to choose one spring over another. But ride quality is not one of them.

Reactions: psrivats and pagrey
Yeah I’ve heard about the OME harshness but I also like how they handle on the street. Just very responsive but yeah, also extremely bouncy

Would some adjustable fox’s work? Just gotta get them tuned I hear

Yeah I’ve heard about the OME harshness but I also like how they handle on the street. Just very responsive but yeah, also extremely bouncy

Would some adjustable fox’s work? Just gotta get them tuned I hear
To get into a set of tunable Fox shocks you have to drop over $1k. I’d get Rancho 5000X 55255/55256 or the adjustable 9000X or look into the BlackMax shocks people are raving about.

To get into a set of tunable Fox shocks you have to drop over $1k. I’d get Rancho 5000X 55255/55256 or the adjustable 9000X or look into the BlackMax shocks people are raving about.
Ah. Okay for another day then. If I’m replacing shocks I’m gonna go tuneable before I try a different brand.

Get the RockJock springs already. These are paired with the Rancho 5000x.

78C0C810-3E7C-49F8-B955-63EDA8D6B62C.jpeg

Just get fox 2.0 shocks. You don’t need to worry about tunable shocks right now.
I spent $700 on the Fox 2.0’s by Savvy. Hated them. Sold them for $500 shipped.

What shock are you running now?
The Rancho RS9000xl which I don't like nearly as well as the 5000x. It's too stiff even on it's #1 setting. I changed to the RS9000xl thinking it'd be good to be able to temporarily stiffen the rear shocks when towing my trailer but I soon wished I hadn't.

Reactions: JMT