which winch to buy

Hey I just want to thank all of you for your input and motivation ! I appreciate the advice and your wisdom . I will get the winch installed hopefully tomorrow , its actually supposed to get above freezing .

Reactions: Chris
do i have to use one of the roller fairlead when using a wire cable? or can i us the lower profile like the ones ya see for synthetic rope?

do i have to use one of the roller fairlead when using a wire cable? or can i us the lower profile like the ones ya see for synthetic rope?

You can use either. I've used a low profile one on my XJ for years. It works fine, just more friction on the rope plus the fairlead will rust when the paint gets scraped off. Get steel, not aluminum.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
20170110_075517.jpg
20170110_080508.jpg
20170110_082837.jpg
20170110_100500.jpg

Reactions: JP98 and derekmac
Thanks Chris ! Still haven't decided what fairlead I'm going to use. I really like the low profile / Hawse . And i do wish it was a synthetic rope, but cable is what came on it.
Eh, you can always buy a synthetic rope at anytime. The good news is that you have the winch, and you got it for a great price.

Now that you have the winch on the front end, can you feel the difference of the extra weight out front? Does the nose of the jeep dive when you brake? Just curious how it feels. Thanks

I have only driven it to town once or twice since I put the winch on, but so far I have not notices any difference at all. I will keep an eye out for those things and get back to you in a week or so.