which winch to buy

Man i absolutely love the practical advice I get here!!! I appreciate it more than you know. We dont have a lot of places to ride here in Mississippi, but I find places to test out the jeep and getting off the grid as much as possible.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
ok that picture is way to big. ha. another thing I am thinking about . Right now here is a Rough Country 4" lift with 33" tires. I was wondering if a 2" body lift would help or be beneficial or look good ........?

ok that picture is way to big. ha. another thing I am thinking about . Right now here is a Rough Country 4" lift with 33" tires. I was wondering if a 2" body lift would help or be beneficial or look good ........?

2" body lift is too much. You don't generally want to go over 1" of body lift. That's sort of the rule of thumb. I run the JKS 1.25" body lift.

I have a WArn XD9000I on the jeep and a new one sitting in the office.. Got them on chearance at a 4x4 shop for $600 each + $100 each rebate.. SCORE!! I want a new 8274 though. Want is the key word. Just can't really justify buying one.

View attachment 8834
Well Ted I have to ask ya if you want to sale the one currently on your jeep?

I run the Warn 9.5 TPI. I broke it pulling stumps. Inadvertently hit reverse in low range with the winch line already TIGHT. Ruined the clutches. Dropped it off at Warns facility in Milwakee, OR and they rebuilt all the broken or warn out parts. Cost me about $130.
I have had many winches over the years and they have all been Warns. Never let me down.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
I just found a warn xd9000i . no remote for it. It has a new motor and new cable that warn did at their repair center. He told me 300.00. Wonder if that's a good deal or should I keep looking for a new m8000 on sale and buy new?

I just found a warn xd9000i . no remote for it. It has a new motor and new cable that warn did at their repair center. He told me 300.00. Wonder if that's a good deal or should I keep looking for a new m8000 on sale and buy new?

That's a good deal, no doubt about it!

Are you kidding 300? Tell me where and I'll buy it!!

I told him I wanted it. So we will see how well it works. I'll have to say? I do like the low profile of the m8000 over the c.f. though

For that price though, it's a damn good deal. Hell, you could resell it and make an easy profit if worse came to worse.

You got a great deal, don't delay or that great XD9000 winch might be sold out from under you. Replacement remotes are easy to get from Warn's customer service.

And don't worry about the XD's higher profile if it has the integrated solenoids above the winch, it does not affect or reduce the air flow going into your radiator.

Ok guys here it is - Warn XD9000i . No fairlead or remote but it's mine now.
20170108_175943.jpg

You can also mount a in cab remote on your dash easily enough. I've done that on all the jeeps i've had so far and it's pretty handy. I still keep a Warn remote in the toolkit though just in case.

Reactions: Ted
You can also mount a in cab remote on your dash easily enough. I've done that on all the jeeps i've had so far and it's pretty handy. I still keep a Warn remote in the toolkit though just in case.

thats pretty cool . Ill look into it. i like the idea of a wireless remote