Which would you go with Please need opinion

loco1122

So my gearbox is leaking, I have 2003 jeep tj sport 6 cyl, with 33-inch tires. I am unable to find anywhere that sells the part nor anywhere that sell the remanufactured power steering gear box (AutoZone, napa, orilieys, dealer, local provider, etc) I tried everywhere. I was quoted from a dude with a jeep who works at shop for rebuilding the box for "160" that's if I let him do the work which is included with a (6 MONTH WARRANTY). If i bring him the box its $100 to re build it with no warranty. I am unsure of what to do .my other option is to go with rockauto which I can ship out the box have it rebuilt and the company states its a life time warranty although I dont want to deal later in the road with shipping hassles and its a hundred dollar difference. What would you do just get no warranty do half the work yourself and save money or let the shop dude do it or go with rock auto or find another shop with a better warranty? I am not educated in rebuilding however I dont want to be gipped for them to just fix the seal and give it back Idk what to do I bought some time with the Lucas power steering fluid