Ax15 won't go into 1st

Pandatj

2003 TJ 4.0
Around 5-6 months ago my nv3550 went out and due to parts I had a reman ax15 built and put in. I replaced the clutch and flywheel shortly before that. I went to work this morning and used 1st gear and came out of work and 1st gear was gone. I tried pushing it forcefully into 1st and it just popped out and grinded. I took off in second and all other gears work perfect. Got home, tried to use 1st again but this time I held it in first and same thing. Transmission only has around 3-4K miles put on it so far. Any ideas on what it might be before I go through the hassle of the warranty. (Dont even know if warranty will fix depending on what it is) Hoping it can be something I fix myself and not have it be gone for months waiting to be fixed by the shop
Any help is appreciated !

Something on the 1st gear shift rail.

I had my AX15 in and out of a shop for three months. Reinstalled the transmission 6 times.

Finally gave up on the idiots, cancelled my CC charges and ordered a new one from Novak and never looked back.

AX15s are pretty simple and bulletproof. Quality of parts these days make repairing anything a crap shoot. Add in either heavily overworked skilled people or the FNG they just hired to slap your box together and well...Im doing all my own shit now.

-Mac